Bridge Pickup - wanna change it i Think - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Bridge Pickup - wanna change it i Think

i am wondering about getting my bridge pickup replaced on my DBK and i was wondering if the EVolution pickups exert more distortion and are better for searing leads. I was also wondering if there are any other pickups out there i should look into for good metal and vai tone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 10:00 AM

Bridge Pickup

First, I don't know why you would want to change out the Breed. I really like mine.

But.....if you must....the Evolution would be a great choice. Consider the Steve's Special as well if you want those "searing" leads.

J>:thumbsup:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 10:07 AM

Bridge Pickup

I've got a Fred, and i like it. it got clear harmonics that is easy to get... *Otherwise i would not really recomend it though, it is a bit lame overall, but i like it....
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 02:09 PM

Bridge Pickup

Evo's are good, but very unforgiving. You can't mess up otherwise it really shows with the pickups. The breeds are a lot less forgiving. Steve's Special will sound good, a Fred is a good tight clear pickup. If you want, try a Tone Zone or a PAF Pro. I hear those are good. And I believe 1 of the FP Jems has PAF's or PAF Pro's in them.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 05:41 PM

Bridge Pickup

Hey Jimm VeuCasovic- it also baffles me why some people want to change the Breeds...
Anyhow, Vaiworship, if you're not getting a 'searing' tone, I would start with your amp and effects before swapping the Breeds out. Have you tried a VWH through your current rig? Methinks you can dial in what you want by playing with your rig...not by ditching the hot humbucker you already have.

-Ben *
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 08:14 PM

Bridge Pickup

Evolution all the way.
Love 'em Love 'em Love 'em in the Bridge position
~Kenny
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 11:41 PM

Bridge Pickup

I agree with Beast. *If you cant find the searing kinda tone you want outta the Breeds, id check your rig, and amplifier before you swap pickups. *Breeds roar!! *They are full/thick sounding, and can get heavy and "searing" *as hell with the right amp and equipment behind it.

I play my DBK through a Mesa Boogie DC-5 head, Marshall cab and Presonus compression. *Sounds sweeeeeet *
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 05:29 AM

Bridge Pickup

As with all what do you think topics, I find the breeds very wussy and weak sounding. The Evo bridge is excellent. The X2N is interesting (Evo on acid with 10 x agression)

-James
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Bridge Pickup

Well now that i think about i have my marshall in the shop right no and i have to play on a 40 watt peavy so i will wait and see.I keep forgetting what it sound slike with the marshall because it has been a while.

Tags
bridge pickup , bridge position , evo bridge , evolution pickups , mesa boogie , paf pro , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode