BSB Question - neck finish question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

BSB Question - neck finish question

I've never played a BSB before and I was just wondering how different it feels playing a BSB neck to that of a VWH or FP etc.. does the "blue powder:-)" fade off when you are playing? Basicaly just wondering what it feels like in comparison with a normally finishished maple neck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 01:09 PM

Reviews: 3
BSB Question

feels like wood. *
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

BSB Question

very funny.......................anyone?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 01:34 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
BSB Question

The feel of the BSB, to me, is better because that sticky poly-acrylic is absent. You feel the raw wood, and just a bit of stain. The finish will rub off eventually, but who cares. If a BSB were my daily player, i'd simply remove the BSB neck, sand the gunk off down to the raw maple.

The FP has a different feel than the VWH/BSB, notably because the profile is slightly deeper on the FP. Enjoy... glen
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 01:38 PM

BSB Question

One of my friends has a BSB. I have pretty acidic hands, after playing it for a while I start to look like the Hulk. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :lame: Great guitar though
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 11:44 AM

BSB Question

Hey there--

After finally getting my BSB dialed in the way I want it I've been playing the hell out of it, and I have found that the stain does wear off, but I really don't mind it a bit. *It's probably one of (if not the) most comfy necks I've ever played. *I can't really "feel" the stain on it like Glen said, but I probably haven't been playing as long as he has. *I always took crocus(sp?) cloth and lemon oil to any finished necks I've had and that seemed to smooth them up a ton. *I'm just glad this guitar didn't need it. *It may sound silly, but if we're playing a gig in a place that has a pool table (and we usually are), I get a bit of the rosin from the hand chalk off the wall and use it on my palm. *Go ahead and make any jokes you want, I'm no stranger to 'em. *I'm right-handed anyway and don't get much strange (that would be the left hand, correct?). *It really does seem to help, though.

I'm done rambling for now.

mg *
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 11:29 PM

BSB Question

I just suddenly had this vision of myself going to a gig carrying one of those big, cone shaped, pole table chalk thingies. *LOL

I can see it now... a pool table chalk holder that attaches to your amp!
If I did that, *I'd have white stuff in my hair, on my face, on my amp, on the mic, etc.. etc... *:biggrin:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2001, 05:29 PM

BSB Question

Hey, oooo--

Let's go into business on that one--maybe we can get one of the "finer" mail-order companies to carry the "Neck-Hand-Chalker" (pat. pending).

Never really looked at myself in the mirror while during a gig. *Maybe I look more like a moron than I thought. *Wow, that would be really sick.

Later,
mg

Tags
maple neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode