Build your own fantasy Jem online - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Build your own fantasy Jem online

No Photoshop skill needed!

I am lucky enough to be on Jim Rodgers' list of customers who are getting free refinishing jobs. Jim just added this amazing link to his site, leading to a Japanese page where you can build your own fantasy Jem right there in, I guess, Flash.

It is far too much fun.

Any JPEG on the web can be used as graphics for a custom paint job, or you can choose from lots of natural woods. Move pickups around, drop in a hard tail, whatever you like.

I came up with these pretty quickly:

(That's a toggle switch on the first by the way, I'd love that instead of the 5-way on a custom.)

And, with a weeny bit of Photoshop in conjunction with this tool, I was able to cobble together a pretty damn close render of how my project should look when I get all the bits for it (this is what Jim is working on, saint that he is - I call it the RG-IDOL )

Many apologies to the mods if this was covered elsewhere, I ran a search for the name of the site (KISEKAE) and came up dry, though it'd seem likely someone spotted this before me. Also, I couldn't get the good ol' Jemsite file area to display my pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

...and I've just found all the other threads.

I searched for KISEKAI instead of KISEKAE. I am, by all accounts, a tree stump.

Still, you can see my lovely RG-IDOL concept before a flood of pictures of the real thing, so all is not lost. Sorry mods!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:31 AM
dex

Blue headstock on the RG-IDOL and also a more fitting name - RG-I doll

ilia
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:59 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode