Bying a JEM from Ibanez Rules a good idea,since I live in Bosnia? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Bying a JEM from Ibanez Rules a good idea,since I live in Bosnia?

I want to buy a quality JEM guitar,and I was thinking is Ibanez Rules a good idea?Maybe not because it`s so far away?But if the guitar is good,why not buyuing from that Rich guy?

What do you think of Ibanez Rules?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:05 AM

Reviews: 65
Re: Bying a JEM from Ibanez Rules a good idea,since I live in Bosnia?

Well I bought from Rich and I am not far from you (Austria).

I could not be happier with the result. Rich is an excellent business man and extremely reliable. He will not bull**it you in any way.
He recommended sending the guitar via USPS ensured, which was cost effective and very good and fast.
Since the dollar has gone downhill since my purchase I imagine you will save quite a bit compared to buying in Europe or locally (if available). So far Ibanez has raised the US prices not that much, so you should be on the winning side ordering from the US and from someone as reliable as Rich.
Best would prolly be to phone Rich (take care about the time difference, he has on the website when he is awake) and talk to him, he will tell you nothing but the truth and the guitar costed me exactly what he told me it would.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:19 PM

I bought my JS1200 from Rich.

The man is a perfectionist when it comes to details. I've talked with him a few times on the phone as well. He gets high praise from me. It was on recommendations from this site that lead me to buy from Rich in the first place, so I hope I can pass some of that along.

I'll try to buy all my guitars from Rich. His set-up was beyond compare. I couldn't be happier with the guitar, or Rich.

You'll not be at a loss of folks to line up and sing his praises, and that's not a coincidence.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:48 PM

He is fantastic. I bought two guitars from him and both are exceptional players. His setup is amazing and he is a reliable and honest guy.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 04:29 PM

It is certainly a good idea to buy from Rich (have had three awesome experiences between me and my girlfriend buing from Rich).

Note though that, as Rich fully states on his website, that there should/will be import tax to add on the value of the package sent from the US. In France, it is close to 20%. But still taking the tax into account, you might end up with a cheaper guitar than buying local in Europe, + pro setup + locking studs + everything sorted
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:50 AM

I bought my Jem from Rich and he shipped it to the UK with no problems.

Everything was exactly as described and I would have no hesitation in buying another guitar from him.

If I ever buy another Jem, I will only buy from it from Rich.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:54 AM

Doesn't a long flight, including shipping in airplanes etc, affect the setup of the guitar at all?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 10:17 AM

i dont think so.only in extreme variation of the weather(extreme warm/cold/dry/wet)could make a little difference.rich nows it the best i think.i would buy from rich.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:04 AM

And some major things like fret level, locking studs, nut grind when necessary and as performed by Rich in the pro setup will not be affected whatsoever by travel
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Vendor

Always expect to have to adjust any instrument after shipping. Trem angle and neck relief should always be checked and after adjusting should be right back to where it was originally.

Tags
fret level , ibanez , jem , locking stud , neck relief , rich , rules , vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode