It came to me in a dream..... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

It came to me in a dream.....

Not really, I was at a local watering hole last night and the Sprint Cup was on TV and I think I saw the new theme for one of my Jem projects. I have been on the fence as to what colors to go with or possibly a swirl for this project. After seeing Gordon smash into the wall last night it hit me at how cool and how much I liked his new paint job on his car.

BTW- not a NASCAR fan even though I lived near the Daytona Speedway for almost 20yrs. Go figure.

Of course it would be without all the sponsor names and what not but the flame colors and body color seems like a cool match IMO. Would have to have an LNG color in the scheme somehow

Here's the guitar as it has been for over a year now, nothing is installed but just laid out for the pic:

The DX neck won't go with it but might get sold (not into the wedge/shark tooth inlays at all). I have a nice RG570 neck in excellent shape that would rock with same color themed pyramids eventually

Anyone able to do a mock up virtual job to show what it might look like when done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 AM

Re: It came to me in a dream.....

Well I must say that those are nice choices.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Pickups and knobs would probably be green and yellow.

In this alder body the pups will most likely be:

Bridge - EvoII
Mid - HS-3
Neck - PAF Pro
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Well I must say that those are nice choices.
Thanks. I've always wanted flames on a guitar and if I can somehow get the LNG color incorporated I'll kill two birds with one stone.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
Thanks. I've always wanted flames on a guitar and if I can somehow get the LNG color incorporated I'll kill two birds with one stone.

Did you just say LNG?

Oh no...

GAS.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

You have LNG plumes escaping from behind you now?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
You have LNG plumes escaping from behind you now?
Could be...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:28 AM

That should be a cool looking project. good pickup choice too.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks bro. I like green and since LNG is a Jem color, it seems very fitting.

I also plan to refinish the blue custom project as well, I've not been to keen on blue lately and my refinish job on that one turned out pretty bad. Maybe I'll talk to courtney2018 about a swirl for that one with a green or maybe red color scheme

I need to email Patrick and find out some prices on the work.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:52 AM

3 color flames look cool on a guitar Sounds like it'll be a great looking guitar, but it might be just that little bit nicer for your colors with a maple board instead of rosewood if you go with yellows and greens. Either way, should be a looker!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
3 color flames look cool on a guitar Sounds like it'll be a great looking guitar, but it might be just that little bit nicer for your colors with a maple board instead of rosewood if you go with yellows and greens. Either way, should be a looker!

A maple board with the same color scheme disapearing pyramids and a reverse headstock would be soooo sweet. I'm drooling right now thinking about it.

I might have to look into getting a custom neck made like that before I get the body painted (Woods?) so the headstock could be finished with a matching heastock and logo at the same time.

Thanks for bringing that up Jim, that is an important detail that didn't cross my mind until you brought it up. I now need to get a quote on the custom neck FIRST and get that work under way while I'm getting details together for SIMS on the headstock and body scheme.

The hard part might be as to what colors to use on the pyramids that work with the colors of the body/headstock paint. Hmmm....lots to think about here.

Last edited by screamndemon69; 03-04-2008 at 12:05 AM.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 AM

I just noticed but, I love how there just happens to be a confederate flag in the second picture. It's hilarious.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

That JEM body looks familiar, did you buy it from us?
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
I just noticed but, I love how there just happens to be a confederate flag in the second picture. It's hilarious.
I live in Florida and play in a Southern Rock band so it is actually very fitting. The S body laying next to the Jem body will get the Rebel flag Zakk Wylde look with the worn thru paint job...eventually. I'll try to do that one myself.

Here's a pic from a fellow Jemsiter that I will use as a reference for the Rebel project. I'm not so sure I'll have a number 4 or any other number on the body for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS View Post
That JEM body looks familiar, did you buy it from us?
Unfortunately no, it's not Patrick. Monster Guitars built that one. I'll need to have it checked out before I have it painted just so I know the specs aren't off after spending the $ for the paint job only to find issues later.

I would like to chat with you either via phone or email about this paint scheme I'm looking at with this project. I would like to get this under way over the next month or so and have it finished by summers end if possible, custom neck and all

I'm all ears for any advice
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 PM

It's like "Yeah, who doesn't have a confederate flag under their guitars when they take pictures of them?"

Tags
alder body , jem project , paf pro , reverse headstock , shark tooth inlays , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode