Certificate of authenitcity - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Certificate of authenitcity

Hi people! I just purchased a new 90HAM today, a bargain at $2200 AUS. It didnt come with the certificate, but i recall someone here that knew where to possibly get one, even if it isnt matched to my exact guitar. Would be nice to have as its an awesome guitar, i'm very happy to finally be a proud owner of a JEM!

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 02:18 AM

Congrats on the 90HAM, it's a great guitar! And you got it for a good price.
AUS 2200 = USD 1706
AUS 2200 = EUR 1362

Can't help you with the certificate though...

Have fun with your new JEM, and welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

thanks! The 90HAM is a great guitar, i've owned several Ibanez's before, but this is cool! So effortless to play, i'm in heaven!!! Wish i could find out how to get the certificate!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 05:15 AM

I guess you could print this out and fill in the serialnr. of your guitar instead. You could always trace down who has owned the guitar before you and try to find it that way...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!

I bought the guitar new too, it aint used! The shop had it sitting there since 1998, no-one has touched it as they had it too high up! I had seen it there for years but never bothered to touch it at $5200 AUS!

Rob
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 07:48 AM

Maybe you can write/call Hoshino and give them all the information they ask for. Maybe they'll issue you a new certificate.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 06:28 AM

That's strange, if the guitar is new it should have had the certificate with it...

I guess contacting Hoshino could be a good idea since it was a new guitar. Anyways, good luck and enjoy the guitar!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 09:59 AM

I understand your concerns about the COA particularly when it comes to resale value. I hope you are aware that the COA comes in a special white folder with gold embossed printing which unlike the COA, you can't scan in and PhotoShop up.

In the unlikely event that I were ever in the market for a jem90ham again, I'd be more concerned of a fake COA than I would be if there was no COA.

Just a tip if you intend playing it. Don't wear any expensive or fave knit tops, jumpers etc. The finish is very abrasive against fine clothing. Possibly the only guitar in history that sands away your clothes.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Yes, i love the guitar so far, great sounds, lovely to see Vai playing on the 90th Ibanez video!! I'll steer clear of any jumpers too. I'm a bit concerned about the non-COA, the shop lost it 5 years ago, its been sitting there since 1998, i remember seeing it when they got it in back then!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Vendor

Then you probably didn't get the original case either

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to 10 th certificate

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode