Changes in radius - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Changes in radius

Besides post '98 models being multi-radius, what changes have been made in the radius of the neck. Now it is listed at 240mm, was it ever any different in earlier models. i.e. why is it that the neck on my '95 JS100 is so much thicker than my JS2000?? The reason that I am so interested in this is that I pefer the thickness of the neck on my JS100, and am wondering if any of the higher end model JS guitars ever had this same thickness; possibly a JS1??Hope this is clear, I always get misunderstood every time I ask this question, and its infinitely important to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 03:42 PM

In my experience the 100 necks are thicker....and wider at the heel.

A couple days ago I played a new Black JS100 at Ken Stanton music in atlanta.....the new trem is nice and works well but the neck is very different than any JS high end models I have ever owned.....and I have had quite a few..LOL
At the moment I have 4 and am working on #5
1000 BP
1 WH
700 mongrel
5 forest

I used to have (stolen in one day)
90th
10th
4 Rainbow
1000 bp
and parts parts parts....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

That is odd that they are different, on paper they are supposed to be identical. I guess what I am actually refering to is the thickness, I keep saying radius, that is wrong, the title to this topic should be changes in thickness/width. 20mm-22mm is what all JS model guitars are supposed to be, but its obvious when played that the JS100 is much thicker than a JS1000. I wonder what the actual measurement is for an older model JS100, because although I like the thickness of it, its maybe just a hair too bulky for me; somewhere inbetween would be perfect.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 09:52 AM

I noticed that the JS100 necks are not necessarily thicker but they feel fuller, kinda like a full U shaped neck, the JS1000 necks feel more C shaped.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode