Check this out!!!!! - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 03:43 PM

Re: Check this out!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
Agreed. My Fender strat is the only 6-string I own and I love it. I think every guitar player should have a strat in their arsenal.
Or three.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 05:43 PM

3 strats, 1 tele, 1 lp, 1 js here
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 06:20 PM

Agreed... so I have a hand made, pre-Gibson, Valley Arts Standard Pro with stock EMG's. Not one of their beautiful Custom Pro's, but still the best playing, best feeling, and best built guitar I've ever laid hands on. [price paid in early 90's was about $1200]

Also, currently have:
2 JS's;
1 Radius, with another on the way;
1 tele copy [Peavey Reactor US made];
1 Japanese L.P. copy;
1 import junker Peavey that needs serious work, or to just go away. LOL
1 acoustic;
1 bass guitar
post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney James
hm. I know someone who would like to cutt heads with this guy, the dude can bring any fleet of USA made guitars he wants, and this head cutter i know will play one Ibanez with a floating trem, lets see who stays in tune and holds the hottest tone! Once the duel is over, lets take each guitar apart screw by screw and see which holds the top quality standards.

Get on !!! That would be ace !!!
A head cuttin' dual...I haven't been part of one of those since the time I had to play against this Italian kid with a telecaster. After my eventide let me down right on the last high note I offered to take this kid out into the car park and kick his ass !!! ......turned out he knew karate and I ended up with a black eye and a hole in my favourite pants.

Ben
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 09:23 PM

Quote:
My Fender strat is the only 6-string I own and I love it. I think every guitar player should have a strat in their arsenal.
The only guitar I own is a Fender Strat too; it's a great guitar. In a few years I'll upgrade to something better, but for now I'm getting in on amps. I love amps hehehe!
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Agreed. My Fender strat is the only 6-string I own and I love it. I think every guitar player should have a strat in their arsenal.

Absolutely. I love my Strat, and it isn't going anywhere.
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:09 AM

Quote:
I've been thinking about getting one again .

Regards

André

post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 11:50 AM

i love my 7VWH - i've played many fine guitars and it holds its own every time - it's called a super Strat for a reason. i've never owned a JS but have played quite a feq and it is a great guitar for playabilty, sound and feel - albeit different from a Jem in many regards.
i have the best of both worlds with my Strat ('91 Strat Plus) having that great Strat tone with lace sensors in the mid and neck and i added an Evolution in the bridge. it is hotter than hell but really sounds great in the alder body.
people will always try to give opinions on what they like and expect you to believe them and not have your own thoughts or opinions unless the are in line with their own. silly humans - what more can you say?
i've bought 2 NEW Gibsons in the last year and both had issues (frets mostly). i have had no issues with my new 7VWH, J-Custom, RG570 ('02 i bought new), S520,'90 VBK or any non-modified Ibanez guitars i've ever owned.
some like Fords, some Chevys and some of us go with Nissan and Honda - it's all personal taste once you get all the facts about the products.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saTa
Funny... He says they play well and sound good.
I wonder what the hell you'd care about else?

Who cares about neckthru or not, which tuners are used, what bridge is on it if it plays well and sounds good?!
I must say I played yet another Jackson SL-1 recently. The thing buzzed like hell and sounded like ****. Made me want to go home and play my Jem

And I would like to point out - Ibanez guitars may not have Sperzel locking tuners (which always break anyway!) but what would be the point with a locking trem model with a locking nut? I can't think of one myself.
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 04:30 PM

IN all honesty. I used to be like this guy. Though not as big of a A-hole. When I was a kid my dad would take to the local music store. I would pickup all the guitars mess around and leave with a bunch of catalogs. I used to drool over the jems and rg550 and 750's. I asked my dad about getting one. So we went back to the store and my dad and the owner start talking. My dad told him I wanted a Ibanez. Then the owner started talking about Fender American made vs. Ibanez jap made Well my dad would not buy a japanese guitar. They started talking about quality blah blah blah. So I never owned an Ibanez. I was a Jackson and Charvel snob. I used to refer to Ibanez's as I ben hads. I was ignorant. So a couple of years ago I was In Gc looking to buy a decent guitar to take out and jam. I was tired of dinging up my jackson. I pick up this ugly gold looking Ibanez. I dunno why. The sales man was trying to sell me a rg350. I didnt like the 350. Any who so I pick up this ugly gold looking guitar. Expecting to be disappointed. And was blown away!!!!! It was so comfortable. The neck reminded me of my charvel only more comfortable. I abused the hell out of the trem and it stayed in tune. I felt like my fingers could just fly on that fretboard. I picked it up pretty cheap with a case. The guy tells me its a rg470 well. I looked around on the net and its not. Its a 570 with an Edge made in japan. I am in love!!!!!!! Its just about the only guitar I play now. I have another one almost mint (lol another 470 from the same place) and the neck on the gold one is so broke in. It just comforms to my hand. Since picking up an Ibanez my playing has improved greatly. I am more inspired. I only wish I would have done it sooner. Thank you Ibanez you rule!!!!!

sorry for the long post just had to get that off my chest. Maybe this [email protected]$$ should go try one instead of blindly trashing them.
post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 05:21 PM

Well, they play great, and they sound great, but...

douchebag.
post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Not that I remember

You should know I have a 0.001% tollerance for absolute ibanez homers but an even smaller tollerance for uninformed romanoff wanna-be trolls ...glen
Yeah.. Us "dirty gypsies" have little tolerance for "trolls".... If you know what I'm saying!!

~ Katrina
post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
Which would be really funny now that Washburn bought Parker and has shipped so much of their manufacturing overseas.
Well, yes and no - Parker, like Fender and Gibson (and for that matter Ibanez) sought to produce an instrument at a more "bargain" pricepoint, and so the P Series Parkers were born - all made, I believe, in Korea, and apparently very good value for what you pay - but they are just a conventional guitar, made of wood - no composites, no Parker Trem (which really works exceptionally well) - but they are not the same thing as the US made Fly, which by all accounts costs closer to $2500US than $1200, and who are more than happy to use Poplar, Alder and Basswood where appropriate - in fact US Parkers have a Basswood neck! - according to the Parker Forum, while US Music had a few shaky moments, the new Parker Flys (which come out of the same factory as US Washburns) are mostly exceptional guitars. But to come back to the topic - yep, the bloke's a clown!

Cheers,

David
post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:09 AM

I wish I'd discovered Ibanez 20 years ago. I was too busy being a Fender/Gibson snob to know any better. Now my JEM7vwh rules the day and I think it always will. I swear this guitar is making me a better player! That said, I've got nothing against a good Fender or Gibby!

Tags
access neck joint , alder body , beautiful guitar , carvin guitars , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , equipped guitar , fender custom shop , fender strat , fixed bridge , flame maple , floyd rose , guitar shop , guitar tech , headstock binding , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jackson soloist , john suhr , kirk hammet , lace sensor , lace sensors , les paul , local guitar center , local music store , locking nut , locking tuners , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , morbid angel , music store , neck binding , neck joint , neck thru , parker fly , parker guitars , paul reed , paul reed smith , peavey classic , production model , reed smith , rosewood board , rosewood boards , rosewood fingerboard , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , sperzel tuners , standard jem , steve vai , strat plus , strat tone , string bass , super strat , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in