Chrome bad horsie copy? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Chrome bad horsie copy?

With the proper CaD files of headstock and body shape........this bad horse chrome acrylic Jem becomes rather accessible.

http://www.delviesplastics.com/mirror%20acrylic.htm

Last edited by Jemmm; 02-20-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Re: Chrome bad horsie copy?

I am building a bad horsie and i am going to call these guys and have them cut me one for my body. I was wondering how i was going to cut the acrylic and everything, now u posted this i dont have too. Thanks man ur a life saver.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 08:22 PM

are these seethrough? it says "clear mirrored" .. or will they look chrome?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 12:08 AM

hmmm my think-makers thinking
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
are these seethrough? it says "clear mirrored" .. or will they look chrome?
Just like regular mirror. One side Chrome, otherside see through.......very simple, but very effective.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 09:44 AM

Don't forget that bending the acrylic mirror over the curved armrest will require just a little more material. A template based on a flat tracing of the RG/JEM body might result in a mirror top that falls a little short on the armrest.

Also bear in mind that it took Ibanez at least a couple of years to put this product out, because they wanted to figure out how to prevent the mirrored backing from cracking and 'crazing' over the curved part of the body. Without that knowledge, you're probably not going to get the same quality results Ibanez did on the production model, but it'd look more like Steve's prototype.

Are you thinking of beveling the edges of the top, or binding it like Ibanez did?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 10:36 PM

Im building my bad horsie copy right now. I have a guy in my town that can do this who im going to go talk to within the next week or so. I will ask him about the bend in the acrylic. Personally i like the bend back so i dont think i will do it. For my bad horsie i am using a binding round the edges and the handle im going to have beveled over. Like i said i am going to go talk to the guy in my town who can do this, so is there any questions you guys want me to ask him while im there??
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 04:05 PM

Hello . I'm a new Jemsite user in England and just found out that sims custom shop will make custom made Jem mirrortop bodies for 375. You can even choose the colour you want.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 04:53 PM

Reviews: 12

I'm pretty sure simm's did the original bad horsie, along with the led's adn laser?

The armrest is soemthing to consider.

Ozz

Tags
body shape , custom shop , production model , sims custom , sims custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode