Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  nienturi 
#1 ·
I have a Jem7DBK, and dont like the screwhead inlays much... I wanted to get the chrome vine put on, but want to search around the find the best prices. The only place i could find was LGM guitars.. They lookin like they do a great job but for over $300 im a bit aprehensive... anyone know of any places that do em cheaper?

#3 ·
If you know what's involved in that $300 seems quite cheap and don't forget that you'll need to pay for a refret as well so with shipping both ways it'll be more like $480 and no guitar for at least 4 weeks.
Best thing to do is try and ebay your guitar for $600-700, add the $480 to that and score yourself a jem with a vine from ebay.

ilia

#5 ·
As a chrome vine inlay owner I can tell you: it's worth every penny.

Ilia: Sabu2k1's right, you miss the whole concept of having a modified, beautiful and rare guitar. LGM is the bomb and a master at what he does. He's very picky about his own work which insures top quality. He's his own worst critic and if he lets it out the door, it's passed his rigid inspection. He's also obsessed with customer satisfaction. As you said, if you knew what all went into the work that he does and how much time he spends making sure it's perfect you'd realize that the price is more then reasonable. It is, in fact, almost ruinous for him. He barely makes enough to keep his shop open and feed himself. He does it for the community and his love of the instrument. Everything he does is by hand, not by machine, so every customized instrument that comes out of his shop is a one-of-a-kind.

parker_fly: You just can't go wrong with Jeremy (LGM). But then, I told you that once already. ;)

8) LJ
(First ever LGM chrome vine inlay owner and very proud of the fact.)

#7 ·
Sabu2k1 said:
dex, you lose the whole concept of modding you guitar...
You got me. :grin:
If you do want to mod your guitar rather than get a new one - you can't go wrong with Jeremy, his work is phenomenal and underpriced for the service you get.
I know Patrick had a chrome vine done on his DBK so he is the best person to listen to if you want to get the same thing.

ilia

#14 ·
if Ibanez had a chrome vine (they'd probably use plastic instead of real metal) on the DBK you would have been paying FAR more than the price of Jeremy's work - an of course that $ would goto the fat cats at Ibanez and not someone with a passion for what he does. it's not cheap but neither is the finished product - everything i've seen has made me consider it myself. i would love to have an abalone/pearl vine on my custom mahogany Jem. if you got the $ - go for it! you'll be very happy you did!
i would like to see a tribal inlay of some sort on the DBK myself - just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.