Chrome Vine Inlay - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Chrome Vine Inlay

I have a Jem7DBK, and dont like the screwhead inlays much... I wanted to get the chrome vine put on, but want to search around the find the best prices. The only place i could find was LGM guitars.. They lookin like they do a great job but for over $300 im a bit aprehensive... anyone know of any places that do em cheaper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 06:43 PM
EKG

Re: Chrome Vine Inlay

LGM is the only one I know doing them and for the price, I feel is worth it
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
dex

If you know what's involved in that $300 seems quite cheap and don't forget that you'll need to pay for a refret as well so with shipping both ways it'll be more like $480 and no guitar for at least 4 weeks.
Best thing to do is try and ebay your guitar for $600-700, add the $480 to that and score yourself a jem with a vine from ebay.

ilia
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:55 AM

dex, you lose the whole concept of modding you guitar...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:07 AM

Thumbs up Re: Chrome Vine Inlay

As a chrome vine inlay owner I can tell you: it's worth every penny.

Ilia: Sabu2k1's right, you miss the whole concept of having a modified, beautiful and rare guitar. LGM is the bomb and a master at what he does. He's very picky about his own work which insures top quality. He's his own worst critic and if he lets it out the door, it's passed his rigid inspection. He's also obsessed with customer satisfaction. As you said, if you knew what all went into the work that he does and how much time he spends making sure it's perfect you'd realize that the price is more then reasonable. It is, in fact, almost ruinous for him. He barely makes enough to keep his shop open and feed himself. He does it for the community and his love of the instrument. Everything he does is by hand, not by machine, so every customized instrument that comes out of his shop is a one-of-a-kind.

parker_fly: You just can't go wrong with Jeremy (LGM). But then, I told you that once already.

LJ
(First ever LGM chrome vine inlay owner and very proud of the fact.)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:26 AM

Yeah, you have the 555, with your wife's name inlayed at the 24th fret, right? MAN IS THAT A NICE LOOKING GUITAR
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:44 AM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu2k1
dex, you lose the whole concept of modding you guitar...
You got me.
If you do want to mod your guitar rather than get a new one - you can't go wrong with Jeremy, his work is phenomenal and underpriced for the service you get.
I know Patrick had a chrome vine done on his DBK so he is the best person to listen to if you want to get the same thing.

ilia
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:46 AM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname
Yeah, you have the 555, with your wife's name inlayed at the 24th fret, right? MAN IS THAT A NICE LOOKING GUITAR
Dude, that's Mike (bammbamm) that has the 555 with full vine inlay and his wife's name on the 24th fret, Patrick has a 7DBK with a chrome vine.

ilia
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 09:47 AM

Ah, that's right! Sorry about that! They're BOTH gorgeous!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 10:38 PM

Cool Re: Chrome Vine Inlay

LJ
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 04:57 PM

Maybe if I make enough money off my taxes this year im gonna get my les paul some crazy inlays, any suggestions guys?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
Maybe if I make enough money off my taxes this year im gonna get my les paul some crazy inlays, any suggestions guys?
Jeremy at LGM does a KILLER dragon inlay! Go check it out.

LJ
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 12:50 AM

That seems really reasonable for custom work! Look what Brian Moore charges:
http://www.brianmooreguitars.com/Cus...laypricing.pdf
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 07:02 AM

if Ibanez had a chrome vine (they'd probably use plastic instead of real metal) on the DBK you would have been paying FAR more than the price of Jeremy's work - an of course that $ would goto the fat cats at Ibanez and not someone with a passion for what he does. it's not cheap but neither is the finished product - everything i've seen has made me consider it myself. i would love to have an abalone/pearl vine on my custom mahogany Jem. if you got the $ - go for it! you'll be very happy you did!
i would like to see a tribal inlay of some sort on the DBK myself - just a thought.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 07:03 AM

Hey, those are not vines but they are cheap and nice lookin' stuff :

http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll...tem=3777642057

or

http://www.hotdotz.com/gindex.htm

Tags
brian moore , chrome vine , chrome vine inlay , les paul , lgm guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode