Cleaning mirror pickguards? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Cleaning mirror pickguards?

Well I posted this on the Classifieds Jem/UV section by accident and asked the mods to move it but they haven't gotten to it yet so I'll re-post it and the mods can delete the other one I made by mistake.

Anyway: I have just a few scratches on my UV777 but I figured this would come in handy for anyone with a mirror pickguards on the BRMR's and DBK's. Is there a good way to clean the pickguards and have them look pretty much like new?

I've heard Windex but that was referring to the BRMR bodies so I wasn't sure if it was the same for the pickguards...

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:00 PM

Re: Cleaning mirror pickguards?

don't clean it LOL. Mine got scratches even when I used a microfiber towel.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
don't clean it LOL. Mine got scratches even when I used a microfiber towel.
LOL. Good thing I haven't tried anything yet...

I guess though the better answer for me is just go find how to clean normal mirrors, it's the same thing, right?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:23 PM

Nope mirrors are glass. These POS pickguards are soft plastic so scratches are going to happen no matter what.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
LOL. Good thing I haven't tried anything yet...

I guess though the better answer for me is just go find how to clean normal mirrors, it's the same thing, right?
Not if it's a plastic mirror. You can clean a glass mirror without much risk of scratching it. Plastic mirrors can be scratched by almost anything. A glass cleaner usually will work well, but be very careful that there isn't any grit/debris on the surface or the rag, or it will scratch for sure.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
Well I posted this on the Classifieds Jem/UV section by accident and asked the mods to move it but they haven't gotten to it yet so I'll re-post it and the mods can delete the other one I made by mistake.

Anyway: I have just a few scratches on my UV777 but I figured this would come in handy for anyone with a mirror pickguards on the BRMR's and DBK's. Is there a good way to clean the pickguards and have them look pretty much like new?

I've heard Windex but that was referring to the BRMR bodies so I wasn't sure if it was the same for the pickguards...

Any suggestions?
Thread deleted

I just use a micro mesh polishing towel. Maybe spray on just a tad bit of cleaner or polish. Works fine, just go easy as Ryan said

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode