Cleaning mirror pickguards? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 741
Cleaning mirror pickguards?

Well I posted this on the Classifieds Jem/UV section by accident and asked the mods to move it but they haven't gotten to it yet so I'll re-post it and the mods can delete the other one I made by mistake.


Anyway: I have just a few scratches on my UV777 but I figured this would come in handy for anyone with a mirror pickguards on the BRMR's and DBK's. Is there a good way to clean the pickguards and have them look pretty much like new?

I've heard Windex but that was referring to the BRMR bodies so I wasn't sure if it was the same for the pickguards...

Any suggestions?
Drow Swordsman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:00 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 378
Re: Cleaning mirror pickguards?

don't clean it LOL. Mine got scratches even when I used a microfiber towel.
Neoclasiccl is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 741
Re: Cleaning mirror pickguards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
don't clean it LOL. Mine got scratches even when I used a microfiber towel.
LOL. Good thing I haven't tried anything yet...

I guess though the better answer for me is just go find how to clean normal mirrors, it's the same thing, right?
Drow Swordsman is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:23 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 378
Re: Cleaning mirror pickguards?

Nope mirrors are glass. These POS pickguards are soft plastic so scratches are going to happen no matter what.
Neoclasiccl is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:25 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Detroit, MI, USA
Posts: 1,457
Re: Cleaning mirror pickguards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
LOL. Good thing I haven't tried anything yet...

I guess though the better answer for me is just go find how to clean normal mirrors, it's the same thing, right?
Not if it's a plastic mirror. You can clean a glass mirror without much risk of scratching it. Plastic mirrors can be scratched by almost anything. A glass cleaner usually will work well, but be very careful that there isn't any grit/debris on the surface or the rag, or it will scratch for sure.
ryanb is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 PM
 
JJEMMER777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 8,373
Re: Cleaning mirror pickguards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
Well I posted this on the Classifieds Jem/UV section by accident and asked the mods to move it but they haven't gotten to it yet so I'll re-post it and the mods can delete the other one I made by mistake.


Anyway: I have just a few scratches on my UV777 but I figured this would come in handy for anyone with a mirror pickguards on the BRMR's and DBK's. Is there a good way to clean the pickguards and have them look pretty much like new?

I've heard Windex but that was referring to the BRMR bodies so I wasn't sure if it was the same for the pickguards...

Any suggestions?
Thread deleted

I just use a micro mesh polishing towel. Maybe spray on just a tad bit of cleaner or polish. Works fine, just go easy as Ryan said
JJEMMER777 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleaning RG-7621 crematia Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 3 09-24-2005 07:28 PM
Cleaning after practice? PiSan Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic 8 01-13-2005 04:54 PM
Cleaning new Ibanez wrenches OCSk8Brdr Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 8 07-12-2003 01:26 AM
cleaning a tolex case - hard stuff!! caprile Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 2 03-24-2002 09:31 AM
Cleaning your JEM 101 Scott 74 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 12 06-25-2001 09:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome