Clear Vinyl Clings for your JS10TH - Clear Vinyl Clings for - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Clear Vinyl Clings for your JS10TH - Clear Vinyl Clings for

Hi Guys!
I know alot of people are always asking about Clear Clings to protect that Sweet Chrome finnish.
There was a site posted on here but it was hit with a virus and hasent been up since. I have a 10th
and been looking for this cling from the day i got it. *I found some and it works Great!! its
$3.00 for a 11X8.5 sheet. Adhesive free its all static cling.

http://www.window-cling.com/

Now i can finally play my 10th like i want to play it. Not having to think about being carefull while i play,
AAhhhhhh. Its about time *LOL
Hope this helps a few people!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 05:12 PM

Clear Vinal Clings for your JS10TH

Thanks for the info. Are the clings easy to take on and off, and how do they look on?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

The Clings look better than i thought. You can see the edges, but from a few feet away
ya cant really tell. They cling really good too. You have to be real careful taking them off because
they cling so well you have to use the edge of your nail or a pick, if your nails are stubs.
I was thinking of putting a thin piece of scotch tape at the corner of the cling so it is easy to peel
off with out having to risk a scratch by picking at the edge of the cling with my nail.
If you have any more questions just ask!
I really recomend them, Its a relief to know i can hit the body with the pick or fingernails and not
panic in the middle of the song that i scrached my Baby!
Good Luck
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Marc
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 06:14 PM

Thanks!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 09:50 PM

Skimming through the site, I found over a dozen different categories and kinds of plastic products. Which is the exact one you recommend?

Eric
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

On my invoice it says
8.5x11 Clear Blank static vinal clings,

But when i talked to the guy via e-mail i asked for "Window Clings"
Just send him a e-mail telling him what its for if you have any problems.
Hope this helps.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Marc.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 06:00 AM

Or you can go to any office supply store and buy prepackaged sheets of static cling vinyl made for inkjet printers. *Look in the section where they keep the Avery labels. *

J
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 12:05 AM

I'f only I had a 10th *I'm just with the 1000 :doh:
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Clear Vinyl Clings for your JS10TH

They will help protect any guitar you dont want to get scrached up.
It don't matter what it is if you love it they will protect it.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2002, 11:50 AM

Hiya BALLZDEEP,

thanks for the tip. I contacted the guy and he gave me the right info. One question: why that specific size? I don't know what site to order (I will be ordering for 4 guitars). Is it better to get it longer?

Eric
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2002, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

I guess its your prefrence. The size i got 8.5x11 works pretty good.
you can cover almost the whole guitar if you wannted to. If you cut the sheet in half longways
and use a peice for each side of the guitar, one half on the side you rest your arm on, and the other *half under where your pick might scrape the finnish. Its all up to you i guess.
Maybe get 3 sheets one long one one short and see what you like best,
I just cut some peices for certin spots.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2002, 07:38 PM

Careful!!! *Those plastics are petroleum based and can damage other finishes like nitrocellulose (Gibson, vintage Fender, etc) and water based finishes (Rickenbacker). *The store I work in once had this advertising campaign that involved those cling-things that we used on the guitars. *We removed them off pretty much all of the guitars and all were okay except for a few. *The finish was somewhat distorted. *It reminded me of how poorly finished tables have a wierd lifted ring after a dripping wet drinking glass is on it in the same spot for too long. *A company actually markets these and calls it the BodiGard. *They also advise not leaving their product on the guitar for more than 1-2 days. *I GUESS that the average polyester finish that's used on most guitars should be okay. *I am curious if it would be autograph safe! *I asked but didn't get a real direct answer. *These would be great for temporary guitar tatoos or to help protect the areas close to where you pick. *They are a great idea but leaving them on all the time.......I don't recommend it.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2002, 07:39 PM
Ibanez endorsed

I just ordered 2 sheets from them. They will ship on monday. 2 sheets was $8.00 with shipping.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
mike777 on 7:38 pm on Jan. 12, 2002
Careful!!! *Those plastics are petroleum based and can damage other finishes like nitrocellulose (Gibson, vintage Fender, etc) and water based finishes (Rickenbacker). *The store I work in once had this advertising campaign that involved those cling-things that we used on the guitars. *We removed them off pretty much all of the guitars and all were okay except for a few. *The finish was somewhat distorted. *It reminded me of how poorly finished tables have a wierd lifted ring after a dripping wet drinking glass is on it in the same spot for too long. *A company actually markets these and calls it the BodiGard. *They also advise not leaving their product on the guitar for more than 1-2 days. *I GUESS that the average polyester finish that's used on most guitars should be okay. *I am curious if it would be autograph safe! *I asked but didn't get a real direct answer. *These would be great for temporary guitar tatoos or to help protect the areas close to where you pick. *They are a great idea but leaving them on all the time.......I don't recommend it.
Tacoma guitars uses them for "pickgards".
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-12-2002, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the tip. So here's the million-dollar question: are there any similar products that anyone can recommend that are not petroleum-based?

Eric

Tags
chrome boy , darren wilson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode