Coming back to the JS line - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Talking Coming back to the JS line

Hi every JS fan !

My first electric guitar was a Korean JS100BK bought used, loaded with Evos.
As I didn't like the LoTRSII at all, and also the global result of Evos in a JS basswood body, I sold it, even if the JS body shape was one of my favorites...

Three days ago, I came back to my "first love", but this time with a JS 1600 PSV.

This axe is really sweet, with its wonderfull JS neck, its poorman's chromeboy finish and its fixed bridge.

It sounds really excellent (I prefer mahogany's darkness over basswood's acidity) and looks really nice !

Here are some shots for you !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 AM

Re: Coming back to the JS line

félicitations ! amuse-toi bien !

tu commences bien l'année ! :cheers:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM

Oh man, I do like that guitar. I know a lot of people bitch about the non-matching headstock, but I'd take it. Nice guitar!! I've got one of its fixed bridge siblings:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

this 2000 is really sweet too in person ! (but didn't sell well neither)

I think I prefer a non matching headstock on this one, for two reasons :
- a silver headstock would look like some RG550EX in the past (that I don't appreciate)
- this straight natural headstock reminds me the vintage overall look of my two RT's

I played this beauty yesterday and compared it to my two JCustoms (RG1880 and SC3120). In terms of sound quality, they play in the same court ! It's a real pleasure to play such a good guitar, and once again, the sustain is amazing !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 02:50 AM

"Acidity" is a good way of describing the tone of basswood

Tags
joe satriani , js 1600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode