Confusion over recent JEMs and bridge stud set screws :( - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Confusion over recent JEMs and bridge stud set screws :(

Hi,

I got a new jem vwh for christmas and heard about this site from a friend so i thought i would check it out. Anyhow, was looking through the tech pages and heard about the bridge stud set screws.

Now im really confused because people have been saying that they are hard to find even if they are there, and some people have been saying that on recent Jem models they havent actually been put in. Please set me straight on this (i live in England if that makes a difference to the jem shipped or anything)

I have attached a (slightly distorted)pic of my trem so if anyone wants, they can take a look and help me out. Thanks a lot.

James.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trem stud set screw.JPG (47.6 KB, 76 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:25 PM

Re: Confusion over recent JEMs and bridge stud set screws :(

The new Edge Pro does NOT have set screws on the trem studs - they'd be inside the hex key hole on the top of the stud. However, on the bright side, the EP can be retrofitted to use locking studs - it's a pretty straightforward mod, and Rich at www.Ibanezrules.com can get you everything you need to do it at a very reasonable price.

-D
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot man i was WELL confused lol, for example- not wanting to touch the bridge studs coz of the horror stories of muppets who were unaware of the screws and who completely ruined the body.

Cheers
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
The new Edge Pro does NOT have set screws on the trem studs - they'd be inside the hex key hole on the top of the stud. However, on the bright side, the EP can be retrofitted to use locking studs - it's a pretty straightforward mod, and Rich at www.Ibanezrules.com can get you everything you need to do it at a very reasonable price.

-D
What he said

Tags
jem vwh , locking stud , locking studs , trem studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode