Countdown to the RB, rewiews please :) - Own a RB ? Post a R - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Countdown to the RB, rewiews please :) - Own a RB ? Post a R

Ok, it is 6 days till i get the Root Beer. If you own one, i would aprecciate if you drop a line and give your little rewiew of it. The ex im getting is of the clear wood type color, pretty identic to the one top of page 2 in the gallery. I cant wait :biggrin: arty: :silly: arty: :biggrin:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Countdown to the RB, rewiews please :)

I forgot to mention, that i found it pretty much thanx to SalemB. Thanx pal !
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Holy belony !! Im getting it on friday if im lucky, that reduces the day count to 2 days left instead of 4 !!!
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 11:27 AM

No replies yet, so you will probably have to give us the hands-on report instead. I assume that you've already read the single review that exists on harmony-central.

Have you read the Calvin and Hobbes (Kalle & Hobbe) story when Calvin ordered a propeller beanie and he's expecting it in the mail every day? I'm sure you would recognice the situation. Let's just hope that you don't brake your JEM immediately when you receive it like Calvin broke his beanie
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 05:28 PM

Congrats on your beanie.

I hope to be getting a similar beanie in the near future in which case I will post my review on here as well.

Cheers

Simon
ps where did you get it?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

There is one at ibanezrules right now, 600$ hurry !

Well, i guess these RB's are quite unusual. I know i will love it I read the rewiew, but it didnt actually say anything i didnt allready know...

Ill post my rewiew, as soon as i can play on it...
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 07:14 PM
Vendor

eh, I have one but the neck doesn't have a great shape to it. It has ample (a little too much) front bow but flattens out from the third to the nut. Still plays well but is a little buzzier than I'd like on open strings.
Rich is online  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 02:11 AM

Jay--

Congrats on the RB purchase! I've had mine for a few weeks now. I really like the looks and sound of it. Visually, it's very classic looking--no gawdy inlays, no flashy colors (except for the pink pickups), just a smooth natural finish. The finish shades do tend to vary quite a bit from one guitar to the next, so each one can be somewhat unique.

The sound is pretty smooth, too. I didn't know how much I'd like having a guitar with two PAF Pros in it, but it works pretty well for most of my playing. I play most of my rhythms on the bridge pickup and most of my solos on the neck pickup. The middle positions, as with most middle positions on Jems, are a little too quiet to be useful when playing clean.

Playability isn't bad, but my RB doesn't have a real RB neck... it looks/ feels like a Wizard neck off an old 570. Someday I'll get a real Jem neck for it. I'd probably play it more often, but the Wizard is so thin it makes my hand cramp up.

Overall, it's a sweet axe. Very underrated! Hope you enjoy it!

--B

PS: Pics of mine are here: http://w3.one.net/~brentano/studio/ibanezjemrb.html
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 04:50 AM

You lucky!!!
The RB is one of my faves!!!! I love that wood!! Oh, and the large grip!!!!!

Hey Jay... DON'T FORGET THE PICS!!!!

nuno
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

DAM ! Now the dude says an old pal showed up and gave a bid 100$ over mine, deadline tomorrow. I dont even know if i'll be able to pay more yet.. *Hmm... *His friend wasnt sure he would be able to pay it, so well se... *He also said that visually, it was identic with the one currently at Rich. Well, i see it this way, either i get the RB, or i get my new computer tomorrow. Then ill buy a JEM later on. But i want this one !!!

Wish me luck dudes !

(Edited by Jay Satriani at 11:44 pm on Nov. 22, 2001)
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Does this sound like a rippoff to raise the prise ??
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 02:42 PM

yeah, could be

wouldnt he sell it to a friend for less than selling it to you (someone he doesnt really know)

so a friend turns up, bids 100 bucks over your price but doesnt know whether he will be able to pay?!!! why bid in the first place!!
Sounds like he is trying to auction it and therefore get more money out of you.

just my 2 cents

Simon
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 06:36 PM

cerealk is right:
Jay, don't trust him! That friend doesn't exist! I know many ppl who use to do so!
Let wait a bit of time, buy your new computer and you'll see: after a week or two the guy will pop up and say:

'Hey dude, my friend couldn't buy the babe, so are you still interested?'

Jay, listen to me (us), dude: Jemsite family loves you, that guy doesn't!

nuno

ps: and don't forget da pics!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Well, the deadline for the "old friend" is tomorrow, if he "cant pay" those 800$ tomorrow, ill get the guitar next week... * *Otherwise ill chill out and look for another used jem, if i dont find one, ill get the computer instead... *Since i cant play tilll after christmas anyway, it might be better for me to have a computer now.

BTW, i told the dude i stopped at 700$ and hoped for luck.. hehee

(Edited by Jay Satriani at 11:46 pm on Nov. 22, 2001)
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanx for the rewiew bduersch..

Tags
bridge pickup , jem neck , neck pickup , paf pro , paf pros , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode