Crap!!!! YOu snooze you loose!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Crap!!!! YOu snooze you loose!!!

My wife and I were eating ice cream the other night and walking around. We went by a pawn shop and they had a Jem WVH in the window but I could not see the price. After my last purchase, I agreed with my wife that I had enough guitars and that I would not buy another one unless I sold one. I had already gotten rid of all the ones I could part with so basically I was agreeing to not buy any more.

Well, I went by just to see the price a couple of days later. $500 for a mint condition vwh! I called my wife to ask if it was OK if I altered the agreement given the great deal, and she said she would think about it (After all, my wife is more important). By the time I made it back by some other luckybastard had bought the thing.

Oh well, guess it was not ment to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 01:44 AM

i can feel the pain
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 06:23 AM

Reviews: 2
Ouch !
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 06:53 AM

The moral of the story? Never, ever agree to never by any more guitars. My wife knows this is something I could never agree to anyway.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 07:42 AM

Damn! Sometimes its the same with me and my wife. For a good deal you have to be quick and many wifes think about think about think about think
about............................................
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 11:14 AM

hey dude, that was me who bought that guitar.....he actually went lower to $400 for me........i'm just kidding!

that sux dude!!!! ahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

i found my new mint jem 7vwh this week. it was mint with the case, the guy never played it. although not as low as what you found it for....it was too damn good to pass up. i too made the same arrangement with myself and my girlfriend of 3 years..... who wants a ring. i told her what i was going to do and she wasn't that happy. after seeing how insane i was and that i just had to have it......she knew there is no way i can pass this stuff up. when GAS strikes, what are you gonna do. i did wind up selling a guitar that i never thought i would..... cuz it gets expensive. i sux but i would rather have a 7vwh.

she works at the bank i bank at..... i called her and said.... i need you to cut me a money order for $$$. she said what for? i said....this cool steve vai guitar. silence on the phone. hehehehehe.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 11:14 AM
EKG

There would have been no hesitation from me. It is clear between me and my wife that she is not to keep me from my true passions, and the same goes for her.
Closed Thread

Tags
steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode