A crazy thought but could I trade my Jem77FP for.... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

A crazy thought but could I trade my Jem77FP for....

Just a crazy thought but now that the seven string is gone im really really missing it.

I like the Jems look and its appeal, but im not 100% sure its for me. Now this sounds bizarre but I chased after a Jem for over 15 years. And now that its here im kind of sad cause the chase is over I have it.

I really am confused on what to do. Keep the Jem due to its collectable status or trade it off for something that would benefit me. I dont want to do either haha but I dont know.

Im so confused im ready to sell everything and take up quilting or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:14 PM

Re: A crazy thought but could I trade my Jem77FP for....

Keep the jem and buy a cheap 7 string like a schecter, just to quench your 7 string thirst.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:15 PM

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will regret it, keep it because they are way cool and they are increasing in value. Save your money for what you want. If you really want to get rid of it down the road you always can. I sold a Jem before, than had to buy the same model, for more, a year later. I didn't have to buy it, but in my mind I did because the VSBL is my favorite. Jems are not the best guitar for me because I'm not a shredder, but I really like these guitars for many reasons...and I just like them!
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Sure, I'll buy it from you for $ 800 Then you can buy a 7!

IC........are you CRAZY??? It's a mint 88'!

I'll agree, my FP's rarely get played anymore since I got my BFP, but I'll never trade um. They just don't play/feel as good as the BFP. Don't judge ALL Jems from the feel of just one....TRUST ME!

I mainly play my BFP, Vrmr and VSBL. (3 very diffenet tones!)

KEEP IT, or sell it to me for $ 800!

Your choice
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:22 PM

With all of this being said, your name is "IBANEZCOLLECTOR!" YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT!
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

yeah I doubt highly I will get rid of it.. But I am in a tone crisis.. I got a tone in my head and no matter what I do I cant find it. And im sick of spending money. I am just digging a hole deeper and deeper..

I spend more time trying to obtain this stupid tone than playing. Its just so damn frustrating. I just want to scream...
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:31 PM

The same way your missing your 7....you would miss the Jem.
Its the old, "don't know what you've got till its gone" syndrome.
Keep it and save for the 7!
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:31 PM

WARNING!!!!!!!!
Before I post I give myself a temporary permit to say something kinda g_ay.........

Man, if there is any piece of gear you never sell, it better be that FP. If nothing else your friend took care of you loaning you the cash for it when you were down. That'd be pretty lame to sell it, especially so soon after you got it. 7 strings are always out there and always will be, but a buddy helping you out is pretty cool.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Sure, I'll buy it from you for $ 800 Then you can buy a 7!

IC........are you CRAZY??? It's a mint 88'!

I'll agree, my FP's rarely get played anymore since I got my BFP, but I'll never trade um. They just don't play/feel as good as the BFP. Don't judge ALL Jems from the feel of just one....TRUST ME!

I mainly play my BFP, Vrmr and VSBL. (3 very diffenet tones!)

KEEP IT, or sell it to me for $ 800!

Your choice
Yeah, exactlly....shhhh, I will give you $825. Don't listen to him! Plus, he actually thinks there is a Jem that is a VRMR...lol. I want a PRMR.

All kidding aside, don't sell it, think about having that thing 5 years from now! Peace!
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
If nothing else your friend took care of you loaning you the cash for it when you were down. That'd be pretty lame to sell it,
Now THAT is a grand display of wisdom!!!

How do you think that will make your BEST friend feel??

Don't piss him off.....he's also you boss
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

well in the original "I got a Jem post" I am paying him back with some interest. And hes already said if you dont like it trade it, or he will put it on **** LOL..

I am not getting rid of it. Like I said I hate to keep something im not totally in love with playing wise, but I would hate more to think of the one I let go.. Im having remorse over a $400 7 string LMAO..

Im just so finacially strapped and I have spent so much lately im literally killing myself.. God why cant I just find this tone im after in my head..

All I can really hope for is to win the next competition and then get a Universe instead..
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:59 PM

Man no one is ever happy with what they have.
Hell, last month I had 20 guitars and I still wanted more, and I posted all my amps through the years.......
People always want more gear and are always chasing "the sound". Keep the Jem, it'll be ok, you can get another $350 7 string in a few months.
I promise it'll work out.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 PM

I'm in search of "the" tone too. I'm going to be selling a bike, surfboard, wetsuit, two amps, and two guitars to help fund my new amp. Things are so expensive.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
well in the original "I got a Jem post" I am paying him back with some interest. And hes already said if you dont like it trade it, or he will put it on **** LOL..

I am not getting rid of it. Like I said I hate to keep something im not totally in love with playing wise, but I would hate more to think of the one I let go.. Im having remorse over a $400 7 string LMAO..

Im just so finacially strapped and I have spent so much lately im literally killing myself.. God why cant I just find this tone im after in my head..

All I can really hope for is to win the next competition and then get a Universe instead..

So stop spending money, and save up $400 and get another 7 string...and you do realize people spend many, many years searching for "that tone"...Can you describe the sound at all? Personally I think you need a good smack upside that crazy head of yours *SMACK* there ya go...
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Lefty Robb..

I sometimes get so caught up in tone and how can I get it I need a few 100 slaps..

And the worst part is my tone is so so hahahahaha

I dont want to be the guy somewhere down the road saying I can hear the differences in batteries and screws plated and unplated. LMAO

Tags
seymour duncan , seymour duncans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode