Custom Built Jem Body Old Heel - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Custom Built Jem Body Old Heel

Hey everyone I just remembered that i have a old jem guitar body thats 8 years old. Its made of out brazilian jatoba. It is routed for a orignial floyd rose and H-S-H. Only issue is , there is 2 cracks in the body ones just a surface crack the other is in the lower cutaway and goes in about 1 inch into the cutaway and is about a little less then a quarter inch deep. I kno this is kinda useless with out pics but the body is in chicago at my parents house and im stationed in louisiana. My mom found it and called me to remind me bout it. But the cracks are from the weather change as it was in my basement,. The cracks seem to be solid, and ideas advice. Oh one last thing, the body has about 10-15 coats of tung oil on it , THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Re: Custom Built Jem Body Old Heel

and is there a question? because you are in the wrong forum if you're trying to sell this
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

LoL im stupid, will the body be able to hold the tension of being fully assembled.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Just remembered its not jatoba, Its Goncalo Alves! Thinkings about using filler and filling the crackin and haveing someone whos better with wood then I put a Nice top on it.... What yall think.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 PM

It'll probably be fine but I wouldn't take a chance! I would just buy another body.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

hmm im kinda attached to the body tho is the issue, ill have to get some pics up..

Tags
floyd rose , guitar body , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode