Custom idea revisited...again - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Custom idea revisited...again

Ok...so I'm thinkin my next guitar could very well be an Ibanez...Jem style. I was gonna get a 7 string Universe style...but after playing the 7 string a few times I decided it wasn't quite for me. I would pretty much only use it for rhythm and really my E was quite enough for that. So now I'm going back to the regular 6 string Jem style ideas. Here's what I'm tossing around-

Alder body
Maple neck Wizard profile
Ebony fretboard
Cosmo Black hardware
Lo Pro Edge trem /w claw routing
Monkey Grip
2 hum, no single-probably Dimarzio Steve's Special/Air Norton (green outer coils and blue inner coils) and 3 way switch wired like a JPM, switch head green
2 volume controls, green
Clear, blue illuminant pickguard
AANJ
Either UV Pyramid inlays (green front, blue side, purple disappearing top, all glow in the dark) or the DNA inlay (I think the dots with smaller dots around them look like planets with moons kinda...and I don't wanna bother with real planet inlays, the dots would glow in the dark and one of the vines would be blue and glow in the dark)
Glow in the dark green side dots
Glow in the dark green Ibanez check logo with my last name in place of Ibanez
Swirl finish on body and headstock-black, blue, neon green, dark purple

So what do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions? I plan on having EKG/LGM/ and ATD do the work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 07:02 PM

Can't go wrong with the choice of vendors.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Anybody else? Suggestions? Comments? Anything?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 11:12 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
it's tough to comment on someone elses "custom" guitar Everyone has different ideas... for example I would keep the middle PU and add coil tap and phase switches for more tonal variety. I'd also use an Ultra or 777 profile neck with wider frets, not the wizard Also think if you need/want the monkey grip. Did you say what finish the axe would have? front or rear body routed? Good luck... it's a cool project... glen
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 11:33 AM

Agreed, if you're happy with the specs, then you've picked the right people for the job, and it'll be amazing. You will not be let down.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
it's tough to comment on someone elses "custom" guitar Everyone has different ideas... for example I would keep the middle PU and add coil tap and phase switches for more tonal variety. I'd also use an Ultra or 777 profile neck with wider frets, not the wizard Also think if you need/want the monkey grip. Did you say what finish the axe would have? front or rear body routed? Good luck... it's a cool project... glen
Well, I just can't stand single coils because of my rhythm style, they always get hit when I play. When I am playing lead they aren't a prob tho. But the rhythm...

I think monkey grips are cool. And above I said that the finish is a swirl done by ATD of black, blue, neon green, and dark purple. Rear routing, because of the clear pickguard.

It's this or a Jackson custom shop guitar. And right now I'm leaning towards this...then again the other choice is a Music Man Stingray. I always thought learning bass too would be cool. But then again, my dad has like 5 basses so I'll stick with guitars right now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

I'm also unsure as to whether or not I want it 6 or 7 string yet but I'll think about that...

Tags
air norton , alder body , coil tap , cosmo black hardware , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dimarzio steve , ebony fretboard , edge trem , inner coils , jackson custom shop , maple neck , monkey grip , pro edge , pro edge trem , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode