custom order ibanez jem - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

custom order ibanez jem

Hello here's my question. I was told i can order a new jem any way i want.It will cost more. I was thinking getting a Jem 77VBK with a lo pro edge and dimarzio evolution pickups. the neck would be ebony.I'm not sure if there still making ebony jem necks,if not rosewood will do. My local Ibanez dealer said this can be done,it may take a while. Has any one here ever custom ordered a jem before.and feel free to give combos to there dream jem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Re: custom order ibanez jem

Smells like bullsht to me.
The Jem is a signature guitar, so unless Vai wants it, you arent going to get it.

Please dont start another "What would your dream jem be" thread. Please.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:27 PM

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:44 PM

hmm.. why is that Jem considered 'custom'.. you even have evolutions in it..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Reviews: 6

Sorry to disappoint you but your dealer is trying to sell you a bridge in brooklyn. The ibanez custom shop has been closed to non-endorsees for years, which means your dream jem only exists in your head. Well, actually you could probably get a vbk just with rosewood fretboard. They'll use whatever trem they use now.

Last edited by Jemwielder; 02-08-2008 at 07:52 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:07 PM

I hate when people that work in the business say things they have no clue about! Not many companies will do that for you. I know on the Peavey HP & PRSs you can. Maybe ESP. Go back there and tell him to shut up and that he is wrong.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 10:07 PM

Reviews: 6

B.C. Rich and Jackson also have a publicly available custom shop. Some nice stuff has come out of the USA Jackson custom shop. I can also attest the same for B.C. Rich. Quality of the instruments are incredible and attention to detail is god like. However, i can attest that the waiting times are long. Last i checked, 2005 or 2006, B.C. Rich's custom shop had a queue waiting time of about 9 to 12 months depending on the order!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 10:10 PM

The only way you're going to get a custom Jem is if you get one of the guys in the banner ad's at the top of the page to build it for you.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 PM

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

You can order any jem you want, it might just take a while to arrive, avery long while, a very VERY long while

The other possibility is that the store will order in a standard production line JEM then feed it to their in-house luthier to butcher it before presenting you with your "customized" jem.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 08:34 PM

check out the carvin website they do awesome customs

Tags
custom jem , custom shop , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution pickups , evolution pickups , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , jackson custom shop , jem neck , pro edge , rosewood fretboard , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode