Custom pickguards, truss rod covers, pickup covers etc ? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Custom pickguards, truss rod covers, pickup covers etc ?

Pls forgive my ignorance...but there are a lot you guys mentioning abt getting custom made pickguards...esp those wanting to change the white pickguard out of the Blue sparkle JEM..etc..where can I get a custom pickguard made? Any links to the websites etc? And a long time back, I remembered there used to be a place where you could even get custom pickup covers etc...any information on that?
The only link I could find was the banner at the top..
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 02:19 AM

jeanniepickguards.com ? i think that's the link...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 03:42 AM

I've been trying to get black/red and red/black Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Nortons for my seven-string, but those particular ones aren't available in custom colours I'd have to settle for Blazes or Evos, but they don't have enough mids. (Yes, I've finally decided).

I'm planning on making a custom Jem-style guitar out of a scrappy RG if I find one - I want something sort of like a BSB but in grey, or maybe a red sparkly Jem with a smoky dark mirror pickguard, if that's at all possible somehow.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 04:56 AM

Sounds like a cool idea Pete.......keep us posted on the project.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 05:11 AM

Will do! Since funds are limited I plan to buy a used RG (any old RG as long as it has an Edge, whether it's front or rear routed, and whatever pickup configuration, doesn't matter cos I'll be changing it anyway). So if anyone knows anybody in Australia who's trying to get rid of one (or two so I can do both ideas)...

Actually I know of someone who's selling a black RG550 for $600 ($300 US) but I want a rosewood fretboard. Though maybe it's an excuse to learn how to make my own, LGM-style
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 02:50 PM

Why don't you just get it and change the fretboard on it?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 08:00 PM

I do belive that EKG does some custom pick guard work. I had mine done at Jeannies, great service but the fit wasn't perfect. Either way I gotta get a new one done. www.ekgco.com
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2003, 03:39 PM

You can always do what I did with my VWH,,, I went to a sign shop and bought some sparkly vinyl sticker material and made my own cover. This also allows you to preserve the original plastic,,,,if you ever decide to sell it,,,,you can put it all back to stock. Jeanies pickguards are nice as well.... I just could never find what I was looking for.... You could "Kollage" them as well..... Check out my link.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/panloki/guitars.htm

~A
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat knup
I do belive that EKG does some custom pick guard work. I had mine done at Jeannies, great service but the fit wasn't perfect. Either way I gotta get a new one done. www.ekgco.com
Hmm..so you are saying that you're getting a new one cos the fit wasnt alright? Think I better not get frm them then, since its going to cost quite a bit after it gets shipped to me and etc. Maybe I should just get the originals frm Ibanez although they cost really a lot...

By the way, anyone knows if the diff between the pickguard onthe JEM555 white and the original JEM7VWH? Are they interchangeable in terms of fit size?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 02:55 AM

I have a uv777bk and i think the pickgard is a little flashy i was thinking of makeing a ebony pickgard were could i get a peace of wood to cut it out of

Tags
air norton , air nortons , custom jem , custom pickguard , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , pickup cover , rosewood fretboard , tone zone , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode