Custom Universe - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Custom Universe

Just got delivery of a custom Universe from LGM Guitars yesterday.
Tricked out with neon pink paint, monkey grip and red abalone vine inlay.

This thing is sweet! I'd post pics, but my stupid camera creates images that are too big to post here. Pics may still be over in the classified area, but they really don't do it justice.
Jeremy sanded down the neck too and it feels great. He commented on the condition of this guitar making it clear it was not "showroom", but let me tell you....this thing looks new. Another neat thing- a VERY cool LGM tee shirt was discovered in the case too!

I'm a pretty nostalgic guy and when I found out this was the first LGM customized guitar ever...well, it will enjoy many years on my studio wall.

Jeremy is a great guy to deal with and very professional. I'm sure you're all aware or heard about the quality work LGM does as they've built guitars around the world and for many Jemsters here.
Today I'm a happy guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:15 AM

#lalalalapicslalalpicspicslala#
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:22 AM

Dude, it sounds great, but we need pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic
my stupid camera creates images that are too big to post here
Adjust the settings on your camera.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 02:10 PM

sounds awesome.
get an evaluation of paint shop pro/photoshop and resize the pics as .jpg
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 03:33 PM

PICS PICS PICS PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE!!!

Regards

André

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 07:24 PM

Glad it arrived safe and sound Jeff!!!! I hope you enjoy it for a good long time

Here are the pics from the classified ad until Jeff gets pics up of his own.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 11:14 PM

OH YEAH!!!!

now we're talkin!!!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 02:40 AM

Very nice!!!!!

Two questions for Jeff or Jeremy:

1. What's the inlay material? - it's hard tellin' for sure from the pics.
2. Is the color change (more distinct in the second pic) just because of the flash?

Thanks in advance.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 04:55 AM

Very nice - I used to have a desert sun yellow Jem which I maily loved for all the comments it used to get from people disgusted at the colours . That UV is lovely - what colour is the headstock? Does it match?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Thanks guys! I'm soooo pumped about this guitar.

Jeremy will have to comment on the inlay material, although he did indicate it was quite expensive. It appears to be authentic Abalone. The new fretwork is excellent too.

The headstock matches perfectly and has all proper decals- and this color is way brighter than these pics show!!!!!!!

A real nice touch was the "LGM #1" and signature on the back of the headstock.

Lastly, the neck has been sanded to raw maple and man, I love how it feels- now I've got to do it to my DBK (if I keep it).

I must say that from an expectation point-of-view, I've never been more pleased with a guitar purchase in my almost 50 years. Hats off LGM!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 12:55 PM

Hey guys,
the inlay material is Pink Abalone, the inlay was done by Gilmore guitars as I hadn't been doing inlay at that time. The monkey grip and the paint was done by me, the clear done by a body shop. Jeff is being very kind with the end result LOL. It looked good in person, and from 5 feet away you would never really notice any of the flaws, but they drove me crazy!

Jeff, I'm just glad you're so happy with it! I'm glad it's gone to a good home where she'll get played!
It's the first guitar that I ever customized, even though I didn't do all the work myself, it's certainly the first LGM custom

Tags
abalone vine , lgm guitars , monkey grip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode