Customized JEM7VWH - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Smile Customized JEM7VWH

Hello,

Check out this customized JEM7VWH. I think it's pretty cool.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...5/DSCF0021.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...5/DSCF0023.jpg

Myst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 02:48 PM

Reviews: 6
Re: Customized JEM7VWH

Wow that is pretty cool. I like the cosmo bridge and the pickups. Kind of like a cross between a Vbsl and Vwh. If I had a spare Vwh I think I'd do it up something like that.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 02:49 PM

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Kind of defeats Vai's object of having a classy looking guitar though; whatever floats your boat.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemwielder View Post
Wow that is pretty cool. I like the cosmo bridge and the pickups. Kind of like a cross between a Vbsl and Vwh. If I had a spare Vwh I think I'd do it up something like that.
Really? I could never do that. To modify a 7VWH like that. I've thought about getting one, and having it made into a FP with differnt colors than the production model, though. But it would probably cost a fortune. I'd have to get the neck fitted with different inlays, get new pickup covers, a new pickguard, get the body re-finished, get new knobs, get the headstock re-finished and probably get new tuners. That would cost a small fortune. And it seems kind of crazy, when for that money I could buy two guitars.

Myst
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 PM

I just love this one!

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:35 PM

not keen on the blue. id prefer something else maybe darker or maybe lumi-green
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 PM

^^^^ I changed out the hardware to Powder cosmo so I could store the gold and keep it from pitting. The guitar gets used regularly. The pups were changed (not covers) while I was changing the bridge pup to an Evo II, so I figured replace all the pups and get some colored bobbins too as opposed to just black. The color scheme came based on the vine inlays..... the Abalone has great coloring (lots of blue and green) hence the pickguard selection. Also all screws were replaced with stainless steel to avoid rusting.

I wasn't really "keen" on the pickguard at first but it has grown on me. Anyway..... the guitar is a "player" and quite the workhorse. The VSBL, that's my second fav. JEM! But the ones with the EP as opposed to the LP bridge.
I have a RG-1570 that's a work in progress JEM clone..... I was going to do a swirl, but I think I'm going to do a sparkle like a VSBL but in red with simple abalone dot inlays and 6105 frets.

Thanks for the input though. She's not everyone's "cup-o-tea", but what the hay....... That's the point, you can take any guitar and make it your own personal statement aesthetically. It's the statement you make musically that really counts though.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:55 PM

I think it looks great!

I like how the blue brings out the blue in the Abalone, looks classy.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:57 PM

The pickguard was the only thing I wasn't to sure of either, but as you said it could grow on you.
Kudos for modifying it and making it your own!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:58 PM

I like it. I've been thinking about a custom pickguard for my own but I'll leave all the hardware as-is.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Yeah, that's pretty cool. Kind of defeats Vai's object of having a classy looking guitar though; whatever floats your boat.
The stock 7vwh's are about as classy as Elvis in his sequined jumpsuit.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermau View Post
I like it. I've been thinking about a custom pickguard for my own but I'll leave all the hardware as-is.
Pickguard is a cheap way to personalize your JEM. As far as the hardware.... if you decide to change it, to offset the hardware expense..... Just bid on a RG1570 off the Evilbay, rape it of the hardware and sell the body and neck to pay for the hardware swap! Just a thought.....
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore View Post
The pickguard was the only thing I wasn't to sure of either, but as you said it could grow on you.
Kudos for modifying it and making it your own!
It was a toss up of this one or the blue pearloid...... the blue sample "chip" I got just didn't match well though.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:43 PM

yukky... !
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 AM

Nice! Somethig different I would say

Tags
abalone dot inlays , bridge pup , custom pickguard , dot inlay , dot inlays , pickup cover , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode