DBK discontinued in '04 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

DBK discontinued in '04

My friend that works in a local music store here got a letter from Ibanez saying that the DBK will not be in the Jem line-up next year, but say's it will have a new one to take it's place.....What it will be it did not say....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 07:07 PM

i hope its like an improved version of the DBK.
with a vine inlay and without that strange finish.
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

What they ment by "have a new Jem to take it's place" is not a revamped DBK.......something totally different/new.....
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 07:20 PM

a new jem!? god please let it be that one steve uses on bad horise u know the one we all thought was a chrome finish that or the acoustic prototype he was working on... man that would b awsome

karl
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 07:23 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
i'd wager the DBK is available overseas (JPN) next year but not in the USA as a new model seems obvious

there is more discussion new "signature models" in the JS TOPIC area ...glen
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 03:03 PM

Reviews: 4
Great! ANOTHER guitar to buy! Can't Ibanez let me catch up?????
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 03:09 PM

The whole chrome thing completely escapes me. I'd like to see a non-Basswood body with a finish that lets you see the wood. And no more rosewood boards.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 10:38 PM

I personally don't like how natural finish jems look. It's just looks wrong for the modern, sleek body style. A cherry sunburst color might work... only because it's my favorite guitar finish! :P I really hope that they make the mirror finish "bad horsie" jem. That'd be amazing. I also agree with you about the no rosewood fretboard thing...
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 02:00 PM

Reviews: 4
Complain to Little Stevie, he's to blame for those lousy rosewood fingerboards!
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim
Complain to Little Stevie
But doesn't he work for Tony Soprano?

jim
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 11:30 PM

Rosewood will stay on the new Jem models for as long as Steve prefers to keep them that way. The necks on all of his guitars on the G3 tour are rosewood.
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 09:16 AM

It's the only way they can make money. They have to come out with new models so that people familiar and bored with JEMS can look for something new when they visit GC next time.

And then...soon...a new forum will open..."which is better...the old DBK or the new one?" blah blah blah...
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 02:51 PM

I think its a good thing in a way, this means def a new jem for the us market. The nitche for the guitar is filled and soon jemaholics will want a new one. Im firmly holding on the fact that I dont want screwhead inlays on this guitar. blahhhhh
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 08:59 PM

Well,, not all of us that enjoy playing a Jem want a floral design on our instrument..Be it on the body or the fretboard inlays.. That's precisely why I bought a 7DBK.. I wanted a more industrial/Metal look and I hope the 04 replacement model is along those lines..
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeslinger
Well,, not all of us that enjoy playing a Jem want a floral design on our instrument..Be it on the body or the fretboard inlays.. That's precisely why I bought a 7DBK.. I wanted a more industrial/Metal look and I hope the 04 replacement model is along those lines..
What your not getting is their have been more than enough dbk's produced to fill the market for whoever wants one. its not like we have a shortage of em or anything . Of course not everyone wants a floral pattern, but im saying its good cause that means a new contemporary model. I still would like to see a high end black jem, with mother of pearl vine, and a mother of pearl pickguard with evos.

Tags
abalone inlays , basswood body , buckle rash , chrome jem , custom shop , dot inlay , dot inlays , flame maple , ibanez dealer , local music store , maple neck , maple necks , mesa boogie , monkey grip , music store , paf pro , pearl pickguard , peavey wolfgang , production model , rosewood board , rosewood boards , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , steve vai , wolfgang special

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode