DBK pics - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 07:29 PM

Re: DBK pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Deno
Thanks!

JEM7CVBK (Chrome Vine Black)

That's Jenny, A.K.A the Asphalt Daemon, A.K.A. The Chunk Beast, A.K.A. The Chain Saw. My baby.

Plastic chrome vine (basically the same stuff the pickguard is made of) with stainless steel stem (which poor Jeremy at LGM Guitars had a heck of a time attaching), custom plastic chrome headplate, barrel control knobs, push/pull volume for combining the bridge and neck PUPs together and a Dimarzio Steve's Special PUP in the bridge position.

I like my axes like I like my women: One of a kind with a touch of the dark side, a touch of elegance, a little gutteral yet sweet, tight with a tendency to moan and scream when played with.

He he he

When I moved from Germany back home to the States I lost 14 years of my life to the move. All I came back with was two bags full of clothes and my "best girl". Had to pay extra to get her home but I wouldn't have left her for anything. She's been very good to me and, unlike the rest of the women in my life, has never let me down.

There's a lesson to be learned here ...

*Evil grin*

LJ
That's so incredibly sweet, man. I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing to my DBK- it seems about the only thing it's missing is a nice vine. Did LGM do you an entire new custom neck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Deno

He he he

LJ

actually man thats really nice, I'd like to do that if I could.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 05:35 AM

Cool Re: DBK pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurdenInOurHands
That's so incredibly sweet, man. I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing to my DBK- it seems about the only thing it's missing is a nice vine. Did LGM do you an entire new custom neck?
I sent my original DBK neck to Canada from Germany and had him pop the old screwhead inlays out, fill them and add the vine as well as a new fret job (one can't be done without the other). He does such awesome work that you really have to look hard to see the old holes. Sadly, from what I've heard he's not doing this kind of work now as his graphics business and his Leviathan line of guitars has taken over. The guy really is a master craftsman.

This is the first and last time he's tried using a thin line of stainless steel for the stem so she really is a one of a kind. He had such trouble with it that, to my knowlege, this is a "world exclusive". There are other DBKs with chrome vines out there but they all have wood stems as far as I know. Also, I've never seen one with a cutomized headplate before. That was just the finishing touch.

There are some things I would still like to change, one day. I've ALWAYS hated where the volume knob is positioned on Jems because when I'm playing fast my hand tends to brush against it, which invariably turns down the volume and hence gain. I am, admittedly, a gain whore so I may pop for a new pickguard someday when I win the lottery. She also needs a new fret job sometime and the neck reset. I love playing my strings as low as they will go and she's fretting slightly in the upper 2 frets because of this. Just some minor stuff but overall she's most definitely a work of art. She's not perfect but that's what makes her MINE! She suits my personality and playing style.

What more could you wish for?

LJ

Last edited by Patrick Deno; 06-21-2006 at 05:52 AM.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 06:01 AM

P.S. Sorry, Eddie. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

LJ

Tags
bridge position , chrome vine , control knobs , dimarzio steve , edge pro trem , lgm guitars , neck pup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ibanez rg 550 ? pics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode