DBK vs JS1000 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

DBK vs JS1000

Decided against forking out for a DNA.... a lotta money, and it would probably sit in its case most of the time. I want something I can play, a lot!

So, I've narrowed my next prospective axe to either a DBK or a JS1000BP. I've not played a DBK, but I imagine its not too dissimilar to a Jem90 other than pickups (is there much difference in tone?). I played a JS2000CG and JS10, and they felt good. A much rounder neck, and the lack of AANJ will take some getting used to. Tonally, I think its probably more versatile... push-pull pots for high-pass/coil-tap is definitely a big bonus.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 11:41 AM

DBK vs JS1000

for me it would be easier to copy the JS cicuit on the jem than getting used to the non aanj. i think the biggest difference is in the neck. play them both a lot and choose!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:07 PM

DBK vs JS1000

The necks are so different on these guitars it's impossible to say "Buy X!" or "Buy Y!" except on the basis of personal preference. They're both great guitars, so you can't go wrong with either one. My prejudice is for the DBK 'cause I have one and love it, but you can't knock a JS1000... There's one in the local used guit-box emporium with a very-well-repaired broken headstock that I'm thinking of picking up if I can get it for a stupid price :-)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:18 PM

DBK vs JS1000

I have to vote for DBK. *I love mine! *I don't really like the feeling of the JS models
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 01:37 PM

DBK vs JS1000

I own both a JS10 and a JEM7VWH... and I'd honestly have to say I like the JEM better. It's much more pleasant and comfortable feeling, and I think the tone is more versatile. The 10th neck is just too rounded for me -- and I'm a Strat guy!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 01:40 PM
rvj

DBK vs JS1000

Apples and oranges, Jem's and JS's.... I prefer apples and Jems. Both are top notch and versatile guitars, however there is quite a difference in the necks. The wiring scheme on the JS is pretty cool. You're going to have to play both and then make a decision. Personally, I prefer any one of my Jems over a JS. --rvj
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 04:29 PM

DBK vs JS1000

Kasper,

I have the DBK....sweet neck and the Breeds rock! *The JS may have a little more versatility...but you got the H-S-H on the Jem that helps, plus the black finish is nice if its going to be a player!

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode