DBK vs. RGT42FM - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

DBK vs. RGT42FM

Hey guys, I was just reading an offer for a trade (possibly) that I could trade my RGT42FM for a used 00' DBK. I was wondering what you guys would think of that trade. I havnt really thought about tradeing her, but i have wanted a JEM for a long time. Just on a whim. Well, thanx for your time. Oh yea, the DBK has upgraded to Evo's too.

Jake[/b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 07:23 PM

I just got that same guitar last weekend. The RGT42FM, that is. I really like it so far and am impressed with the quality. But, I would do what will make you happy in the end. If you have wanted a Jem for a long time, go for it!

Brian
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 08:04 PM

is yours like this? http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/ele...ez/RGT42FM.htm

if so, go for it man, the trem and the pickups alone are worth it
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 06:06 AM

Reviews: 1
There is a certain "mystique" to the Jem that cannot be duplicated with any other guitar. Maybe it's the monkey grip- maybe it's the H/S/H or neck....maybe the finish.....the designer.....

Whatever the reason, by owning a Jem you are in a small, private club of believers that have realized the secret of the instrument. These things are magic. Have you played one? 'cause if you did, you would immediately know what I'm talking about. I have a DBK now, and my first was a 777DY.

These guitars are on a different level. That's why Jemsite exists.
You don't see a website with thousands of members for the RGT, do you?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 09:38 AM

Oh God...

This shouldn't even be a question... Go for the JEM man!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 11:27 PM

I like the bound neck! :P
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 10:06 PM

Hmmm...I'm selling my RGT42FM. I like it, but I want a Universe really bad!

Brian
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:39 AM

keep the RGT and buy a DBK!!! they are different animals of the same family!!!
a neck thru w/ H-H configuration is almost like an SL-1 Jackson soloist and the DBK is not like ANY other Jem out there (from what i've learned on Jemsite). it has it's own special uniqueness about it . i LOVE MINE and could never let it go!
sell off something else for the $ and buy a used DBK (they are pretty affordable used lately) or hold out for a little while and get the coveted NEW Rich "loved-on" DBK shipped to your door for a very reasonable price!!
just my 2 cents

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69
get the coveted NEW Rich "loved-on" DBK :
I do wipe most of that off before shipping
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 12:33 PM

The NEW RICH DBK/DNA model!!!!

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic
There is a certain "mystique" to the Jem that cannot be duplicated with any other guitar. Maybe it's the monkey grip- maybe it's the H/S/H or neck....maybe the finish.....the designer.....

Whatever the reason, by owning a Jem you are in a small, private club of believers that have realized the secret of the instrument. These things are magic. Have you played one? 'cause if you did, you would immediately know what I'm talking about. I have a DBK now, and my first was a 777DY.

These guitars are on a different level. That's why Jemsite exists.
You don't see a website with thousands of members for the RGT, do you?
Not everyone on the jemsite owns a jem. The reason that many people buy jems is cos steve vai plays one.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 09:53 AM

i don't know if Steve playing the guitars prompted me to buy one. i figure since he designed it for his playing style that it would cover ANYTHING that i could possibly EVER want to play. i really love the looks and features and it really wouldn't matter to me who really played it- it is a very wonderful perk that the signature player is Steve. i truly love the style of the instrument and it just works well with my type of playing giving me everything i could ask for and puting me and my playing in a different category than the average Joe playing strats, les pauls, prs's, jacksons and other ibanez models. just my 2 cents.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 12:04 AM

Well, I sold my RGT, but I didn't get a Universe. I bought a Jem DNA instead. Not a bad upgrade, eh? I owe a huge thanks to John Cowan, the DNA is simply awesome!

Brian

Tags
ibanez models , jackson soloist , jem dna , les paul , les pauls , monkey grip , neck thru , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode