Describe The Evo Neck Pickup - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Describe The Evo Neck Pickup

Those with an Evo combo in your Jem, how would you describe the neck pickup, clean, warm, glassy, smooth, thin, harsh, articulate, bright? Does it compair to any other pickup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 03:44 PM
rya

Re: Describe The Evo Neck Pickup

Evolution Neck (DP158/DP158F)

Treble Mid Bass
7 6 6

it sounds great, but hard to describe. Very hot, though
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:00 AM

A similar thread was posted in another forum and my answer was: vanilla icecream. Actually I was comparing it to the Air Norton which I had described as vanilla pudding.

So, I reiterate, Evo Neck is like Vanilla Icecream.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
Those with an Evo combo in your Jem, how would you describe the neck pickup, clean, warm, glassy, smooth, thin, harsh, articulate, bright? Does it compair to any other pickup?
Has a rather low output compared to the tone zone but is much hotter than the TZ (PHs are easier).

Regards

André

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:45 AM

I have one in a basswood RG and I find it to be quite round and clean sounding, with a really good response to harmonics. The closest Vai recordings to the sound I'm getting out of it are the solos in "Still My Bleeding Heart" and "Rescue Me Or Bury Me."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:48 AM

I also have one in my basswood RG. When its split, the cleans on it are nothing short of magnificent. It also gives a very heavy, thick tone under a lot of gain. Comparing it to the V7 in my bridge, it has SO much more body.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 06:35 AM

Wink Re: Describe The Evo Neck Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courjan View Post
A similar thread was posted in another forum and my answer was: vanilla icecream. Actually I was comparing it to the Air Norton which I had described as vanilla pudding.

So, I reiterate, Evo Neck is like Vanilla Icecream.
I don't really agree, the EVO neck is way more "nutty" than Vanilla, it's Pistacchio , Almond or perhaps Walnut icecream.

The EVO bridge is more Mango or Lemon icecream.

TZ/AZ are cherry, banana etc.

The PAFs are definitely chocolate based (truffle or stracciatella) so the Breeds are chocolate-chocolate chip.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
I don't really agree, the EVO neck is way more "nutty" than Vanilla, it's Pistacchio , Almond or perhaps Walnut icecream.

The EVO bridge is more Mango or Lemon icecream.

TZ/AZ are cherry, banana etc.

The PAFs are definitely chocolate based (truffle or stracciatella) so the Breeds are chocolate-chocolate chip.
Hmmm, yeh, so then the Evo2 in bridge has gotta be like Cookies and Cream...

The Evo is more like lemon gelato, the Evo Neck - how about a vanilla icecream with chocolate topping and chopped peanuts (chocolate sundae?)?

How do you guys know so much about guitar pickups??? LOL!!!

Tags
air norton , evo bridge , evolution neck , neck pickup , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode