Desert Sun Yellow vs. Desert Yellow? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Desert Sun Yellow vs. Desert Yellow?

Is there a difference between "Desert Sun Yellow" and just "Desert Yellow"? Until recently, I used to refer to a 777DY as Desert Yellow because I didn't really know any better, never really payed much attention until I looked here:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/vai....php?year=1987

I've since noticed that I always see the RG550 reissue and the new 3550z referred to as just Desert Yellow.

I understand that I'm not the only one who thinks that the new guitars no where near the same color as the older Jem. Are they supposed to be? The color names would suggest otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 PM

Re: Desert Sun Yellow vs. Desert Yellow?

As far as I know, they're the same color. I saw a 20th Anniversary RG550 in DY and it was hot! Definitely fluorescent (like my RG in Road Flare Red), it glows under a black light and almost hurts your eyes to look at it.

The whole "not the same as the old ones" deal . . . well, in some cases, that might be true, but the neon colors on the new, re-issue Ibanez guitars are very, very, bright.

Peace

Mike
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 PM

Re: Desert Sun Yellow vs. Desert Yellow?

Desert Sun Yellow and Desert Yellow are interchangeable. At least, they were when the JEMs and RGs were new.

Tags
desert , jem , rg550 , sun , yellow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode