Diablo Swirl Jem - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Re: Diablo Swirl Jem

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 06:53 PM

Reviews: 16

I was afraid of something like that. When you get a CNC'd body and neck from someone else you never know what the quality is, if the specs are right, or what the deal is. Unless you know the person doing the work you really don't know what the h.e.l.l. you're going to get. I've thought about getting one from somone, maybe off of e.b.a.y., but after seeing that there's no way. The only way I'll get one CNC'd is if I'm giving them the model, g-code, and the body blank for it.

However, it looks pretty killer now!
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM

that is ****ing insane
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Great swirl. The final guitar looks killer. Kudos to your luthier for some nice repairs. Is Herc buying parts from Legacy now or what?

The grip looks huge in that picture -- must just be the coloring.
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Absolutely stunning! And I hate Jems now! lol
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironjose View Post
Hey man nice swirl.... did you include the locking studs??
Yes, the studs are from me.
post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post

I was afraid of something like that. When you get a CNC'd body and neck from someone else you never know what the quality is, if the specs are right, or what the deal is. Unless you know the person doing the work you really don't know what the h.e.l.l. you're going to get. I've thought about getting one from somone, maybe off of e.b.a.y., but after seeing that there's no way. The only way I'll get one CNC'd is if I'm giving them the model, g-code, and the body blank for it.

However, it looks pretty killer now!
Yup. You never know what you will get unless you see it for yourself. I guess most of the customer guitar builders are not really capable of churning out factory specs parts.
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrojem View Post
WOW that guitar is very nice! just awesome, i carnt belive it was sent to you like that, shoddy man, good job you got it fixed up though, nice!
Well, that is the quality you get apparently. At least body was not so bad and the swirl is great. Whoever is making those necks odd to do a better job.
post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
Great swirl. The final guitar looks killer. Kudos to your luthier for some nice repairs. Is Herc buying parts from Legacy now or what?

The grip looks huge in that picture -- must just be the coloring.
The grip is not too bad, not far off from the original. Its probably the colour. Not sure where herc got his parts from though. The angles and quality of the neck do not seem like CNC to me. Looks more handmade.
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 PM

Man I want a swirl. Looks sharp dude!
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 10:17 PM

Funny how just about everyone skipped over the negative things in the original post and skipped right to the pics! ...myself included...

~K
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:41 PM

insane swirl.
congratz,
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:01 AM

I will hold my words for NOW!

I'm giving a second chance before I go militant. My neck was VERY VERY disappointing and of unacceptable quality. Did a full custom, and Hercs paint and finish workmanship was NOT the issue. The body has an issue or two as well. Neck went back 2 weeks ago and the body is going back shortly.

Got $1100 worth of new parts LAYING here to finish this and its not very encouraging seeing that he told you that "everyone else is happy with the quality" because that is what I heard.

I think I need to have a word with Herc, I'm emailing him as soon as I'm done here.

Most everyone missed the seriousness of this post.

Is it wrong for me to think that for $1140 you should have a body and neck that should only need a normal setup ( intonation, truss rod, etc.).

At $2300 and now about 15 months and still with no guitar, well lets just say I'm kicking myself for not doing another Custom Shop Jackson.

So much for holding my words.

D
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIFF View Post
I will hold my words for NOW!

I'm giving a second chance before I go militant. My neck was VERY VERY disappointing and of unacceptable quality. Did a full custom, and Hercs paint and finish workmanship was NOT the issue. The body has an issue or two as well. Neck went back 2 weeks ago and the body is going back shortly.

Got $1100 worth of new parts LAYING here to finish this and its not very encouraging seeing that he told you that "everyone else is happy with the quality" because that is what I heard.

I think I need to have a word with Herc, I'm emailing him as soon as I'm done here.

Most everyone missed the seriousness of this post.

Is it wrong for me to think that for $1140 you should have a body and neck that should only need a normal setup ( intonation, truss rod, etc.).

At $2300 and now about 15 months and still with no guitar, well lets just say I'm kicking myself for not doing another Custom Shop Jackson.

So much for holding my words.

D
Yes, the intention of the thread is to also warn people to think twice about getting the body and neck from Herc. His parts are just not up to the mark with the amount of money you are paying. You will be better off with an ibanez factory body and neck. That said, you still have to grapple with the super long waiting time.
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 04:05 AM
ken

*low whistle*

Now that's amazing.

Tags
beautiful guitar , chris woods , clear coat , cottam guitars , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , custom necks , custom shop , fede swirl , guitar body , herc fede , herc fede swirl , jem style body , killer guitar , local luthier , locking stud , locking studs , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode