Different Js models - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Different Js models

The js has now become my favorite guitar. It is the most comfortable guitar for me I have ever played. I kind of want to make it my non signature sig guitar lol. I want to get one to use for each different style of music I play. Besides collectors values and stuff is there really any difference between the js1 and js1000 models and the js6 or 6000 and js2000 models? I should be able to get plenty of tones with the js1000 and js2000 (which has the fixed fx bridge) if they are as good as the older models. The js6 and 6000 though have mahogany body. Does this do much for the tone? Good? Bad? Now I need a js model good for joe satriani type stuff (thinking js1000), one good for prog. and metal tones (what model and pickups would you recommend or could the fred and paf pro work for this style?), and one for blues... maybe the js1000 for the satch type tones could be good for blues too? What would the fixed bridge model be best for (ie: js2000)?

Well let me know. I know about all the different collectors models. I'll probably end up collecting some of them later on if I can find em, but this is just for the regular "player" models... thanks!'

Edit: The js1000 was the one i played so I want all the models recommended to have a neck close to that one. Also what is the the js 7 string model? js7? Is it in production? I would want a 7 string model if it is. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 10:05 AM

If you tried using the "Search" function for this Forum, you'd find that these questions have all been asked and answered multiple times.

JS1- original standard JS model
JS1000- updated version w/ multi-radiused fingerboard

JS6- mahogany oil finish, chrome hardware
JS6000- mahogany oil finish, Cosmo Black hardware, "JS Custom" plaque

JS7- not in production. Probably never will be.

JS Specs can also be found here:

http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/spec_js.htm
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
JS1- original standard JS model
JS1000- updated version w/ multi-radiused fingerboard
94' to 96' JS1000's are JS1 spec, with that stupid added plaque.
92' and 93' JS1's are also HSH w/ 5 way switch

It's all in the spec sheet
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 01:55 PM

Yeah...what he said.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 01:56 PM

What a sweet spec sheet!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Vendor

Take another bow. [and while you're down there...]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

I kind of knew the difference's before posting the thread because I did read the spec sheet. So really I just wantd to know what would be best suited for the styles I mentioned. I'm going to get a stock js1000, but then another js1000 for prog would be cool, but what pickups would be more suited for prog./metal? And then what is the difference between the mahogany js6/6000 and basswood js2000 in tone? The js2000 seems like it might be better as it has the cool fixed fx edge bridge, but then again a mahogany model would also be cool. Let me know. Thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2003, 02:07 AM

From my experiance with the js1000, the fred is extremely responsive to how its used. So with that in mind i think you'll find that with the fred/ paf combo u can achieve just about any tone u want, most of it deals with the amp and where u have the gain set to. The Fred will pick up most of these changes. and the paf will keep it clean and clear.

So i'd go js1000 i think you'll find the tone changes to your mood or situation quite well. Just my thoughts...

Phil

Tags
chrome hardware , cosmo black hardware , edge bridge , fixed bridge , fixed bridge model , joe satriani , mahogany body , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode