Digitized Neck VS.Classic Pre '98 Neck - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Digitized Neck VS.Classic Pre '98 Neck

I need the experienced JS Users Opinion. I'm thinking of trading a 2008 JS1200 for something a little... older. As far as I've read Ibanez was great from the late 80s to the late 90s.

Can anyone feel prefer a difference in the two type of necks?

2. Are the DiMarzios that come in a JS any better sounding than stock ones you buy at a store, or do they just have a nice "DiMarzio" logo on them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:50 AM

Re: Digitized Neck VS.Classic Pre '98 Neck

Can I ask why you would want to trade a new JS for an old one? If you don't like the 1200 I doubt you will like any other JS'?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=guitarnoize;946566]Can I ask why you would want to trade a new JS for an old one? If you don't like the 1200 I doubt you will like any other JS'?[/QUOTE

im more interested in peoples opinions on this neck thing... whats replicated? how did they do it before '98?I don't get it.

And as far as the new vs. old thing, I'm just weird and like old things that still act new... 1200 being new doesn't mean anything to me... js10th anyone?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 AM

Reviews: 4

The DiMarzios that come in a JS are the same as you buy, as long as you buy the same.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:20 AM

I've owned many JS's. The only thing better on the older ones is the Edge Tremolo. Either the original or Edge Low-pro are better imho. The newer prestige necks are in every way better than the old ones. Fretwork and the rosewood used are better to me. Some of the older necks are not quartersawn either, stay away from those.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:24 AM

Over the years I've owned a JS1, JS10, JS2prm, 1200CA, 1000 and a JS6 and the old necks, although different to the new, are just as awesome. Not better, not worse, just different.

Best thing is to try them out and go for what fits you better - It's nothing you can figure out by looking at paper specs or other people's opinions!

Good luck dude.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Contributor

I currently own JS1s from 1990 and JS1200 and JS2 PRM. I got one JS 1 and the neck felt wonderful, got another and it wasn't the same. I personally have to say my best necks are the good JS1 and the 1200 or PRM. You really have to just feel it and see. As for trading a JS1200 in, I would strongly disagree. Best JS out there in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode