DiMarzio discontinues green pups? - What the hell will I do - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2001, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

DiMarzio discontinues green pups? - What the hell will I do

I was talking on the phone with a customer service rep from musician's friend (I was checking if they carried the DiMarzio Hum from Hell in green), and he said that DiMarzio is discontinuing green pups altogether. *I couldn't find anything on the DiMarzio website to substatiate this, so I though I'd ask to see if anyone elsa had heard of this. *Well?
If it is true, can anyone post pics of a VBK w/black pups? *I really like the contrast of the green, but if I must get black, so be it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2001, 07:05 PM

DiMarzio discontinues green pups?

I really can't say...I haven't looked into this or anything...but that would really surprise me...DiMarzio has always had lots of options when it comes to colors...and will even make you a pickup out of whatever color (s) you want. *At least they used to....I have some great purple/yellow EVO's they made for me...and they don't cost anything extra. *Additionally....just call DiMarzio...you can order directly from them if you want...may not be the cheapest option...but I would just go straight to the horse's mouth!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 12:03 AM

Why not ask them yourself? 1-800-221-6468 (outside of New York City)
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 11:39 AM

Reviews: 21

Good advice Brian. *I'd recommend just calling them as well. *I've always had very pleasant experiences speaking with Dimarzio

Also, if you know exactly what you want any authorized Dimarzio dealer can order it for you at their standard discount. *Call Dimarzio to make sure they still manufacture what you want, then truck on down to your local music store and "special order" it through them. *It only takes a couple weeks to get the pups and you don't have pay list price that way. *Good luck!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 03:25 PM

Hey guys,

want you please answer my question in 'Jemsite Users Nicknames' at 'Off topic/Miscellaneous'?
Sorry, but your nicks are getting me curious!

nuno
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 01:29 PM

I haven't heard anything about Dimarzio discontinuing Green colored P.U.'s. *About 3 weeks ago I custom ordered a Tone Zone and Air Norton in half green, half pink. *So unless they just announced this in the last 3 weeks, I find it hard to believe.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 02:13 PM

Quote:
jem777az on 12:29 pm on Nov. 19, 2001
I haven't heard anything about Dimarzio discontinuing Green colored P.U.'s. *About 3 weeks ago I custom ordered a Tone Zone and Air Norton in half green, half pink. *So unless they just announced this in the last 3 weeks, I find it hard to believe.
I find it hard to belive you're putting green/pink p'ups in your guitar :shocked: *
what did your guitar ever do to you to deserve such treatment?!?!

~K
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 04:46 PM

lol........its actually a Jem777DY thats beat to hell. *I am eventually going to paint it one of these days. *It actually looks better than I thought with the Pink and Green PU.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 05:47 PM

Quote:
jem777az on 3:46 pm on Nov. 19, 2001
lol........its actually a Jem777DY thats beat to hell. *I am eventually going to paint it one of these days. *It actually looks better than I thought with the Pink and Green PU.
MMMM....yellow pink & green. *

<Glen - we need a "puking guy"emoticon - desperately>
~Kenny
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 05:49 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

:rotf:
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 07:13 PM
rvj

A puking guy emoticon, now that's funny! I'm actually in the process of upgrading my 777DY with a neon yellow pickguard and custom GREEN DiMarzio's. NO MORE PINK!!! The only pink that will be left is on the inlays and the claw. I'm also thinking about repainting the body to eliminate the few minor nicks that are in it. If I do, the pink claw will be replaced with GREEN!!! I just checked out an SK and the neon pink is soooo...gross. Pepto Bismal to the max! YUCK!!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 02:12 PM

To each his own........I happen to like the pink myself
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 08:37 PM

I may be buying a 777SK soon.. I hated the pink first time I saw it, but now I embrace it in all its 80s cheesiness :biggrin:

I'm picturing a mirror pickguard, bright GREEN (not just green but GREEN) pickups and a Fernandez Sustainer.. Wonder if I can get that in GREEN?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 01:38 PM
rvj

I received an E-mail from DiMarzio confirming that Green is still available. --rvj

Tags
air norton , green dimarzio , local music store , music store , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode