Dinged after just 1 month.. help me! - Repairing damage to f - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Dinged after just 1 month.. help me! - Repairing damage to f

Ok, short story: *restringing guitar (brand new JS1000 BTB), using wire cutters on string at headstock, put cutters down beside guitar without looking first and drop cutters from about an inch up onto the guitars upper horn! *:-(

Result? *a white-ish ding (the size of the hole in a ball-end) on a black section of the body, pretty damn noticeable, very annoying, and I feel physically sick that I'm damaged my baby through such carelessness..

Any advice as to how I can fix it / make it less noticeable? *I don't want it to spread or for moisture to get into it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 12:19 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Dinged after just 1 month.. help me!

personally, i'd leave it alone. battle scars on a player is something you should welcome. Most often the "fix" looks obvious and worse than the original blemish.

If you want to get rid of the white mark, a fine-tip permanent laundry marker will suffice. Fast and easy... glen
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 01:05 PM
Vendor

Long related discussion here http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic....um=1&topic=474
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the link and the opinions

I managed to calm down and I've decided to live with it! *yeah the finish is cracked (compression) but it doesn't look like it'll spread and it's almost hidden by my strap anyway..

It doesn't sound any different so I'll just get back to learning "always with me, always with you" *:biggrin:

Thanks again!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 01:21 PM

grrrrpoop did you order yours from overseas? I finally got to play a JS1000BTB for the first time today *and I'm in love!!!! Oh and jealous as hell you have one!!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

I nearly bought a JS900 (black pearl) from japan. *A shop in the UK (Coda-Music) managed to beat the price of me importing it myself but just after ordering it I realised (this is gonna make me seem so SO stupid..) that the JS900 has NO coil-tap.

I realised this 2 days before delivery. *

One frantic phonecall later and I've upgraded to a JS1000BTB which they happened to have in stock, and which they delivered 2 days later as planned!

It has a coil-tap *:biggrin:

I've taken some pics of it with my webcam - I keep it so clean and shiny you can see me waving at my reflection from about 4 feet away haha *I'll post em up if anyone wants to see *The guitar has 3 very striking black stripes running almost parallel up the body, and you can see the wood grain, it's gorgeous..

Since I got it a month ago I haven't put the damn thing down - I've managed to wear away part of the fingerprints on my first and second fingers (I use .010's) .. *I love this guitar!

If you're based in Japan and have the cash BUY A JS1000BTB! *They're pretty cheap over there (compared to rip-off UK). *Importing them into Britain doesn't save you much due to high import taxes.

They're worth the money though! *
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 11:00 AM

Trust me I know! As soon as I plugged in and wrapped my hand around that neck I was in love!! So come August the local store I got my JS700 from is going to see if they can use my Mastercard debit to make monthly payments for one!!!!!!! I'm praying it works!!!!!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 03:15 PM

Ouch Mastercard =o) some serious G.A.S. goin on in here again....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

If you're interested, my JS1000BTB can be viewed at:

http://www.geocities.com/demong666/

..it was the quickest way I could get the pics online, my main website is awkward to update, but it means no direct links to pics, sorry!

Also, please forgive the quality - larger versions can be seen on the site, but they were taken with a WEBCAM! *:doh:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode