Displaying Jems - Anyone doing this and keeping them safe at - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Displaying Jems - Anyone doing this and keeping them safe at

Hi All!
This may be an old question...but anyone out there that have their Jems out on display in their home?
If so, who out there has them in a safe enclosure to avoid scratching, dust, and heaven forbid...FALLING!
I've got 5 or 6 Jems I want to put up in the near future, but not without making sure that they're protected.
Are there clear wall mounting cases out there that can be bought? Good ones?
Thanks for any help in Advance!

P.S. word up Rich! Kevan and Glen! It's Alex...I lost my username....happens when I stray for long periods of time...so now I'm using my "gaming" name so I don't forget :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 10:03 PM
Vendor

Displaying Jems

hehe, I pegged you in the DNA thread before I read this one

Glass cases just seem so pompous. I'd rather see axes hanging on a slotwall. I'd love to do mine but I'd buy a Sharper Image Ionic Breeze to keep in there to keep all the nasties off them Of course I don't live on a fault line like you do. :biggrin:
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 11:10 PM

Displaying Jems

I bought some guitar racks of ebay cheap as hell and there really nice heres a link to the seller he always has them up there he told me. And hes honest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=850173351

As for acrylic guitar safe cases I guess you would call them, this guy is always selling them

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1519898388

Hope this helps ya

Brett
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Displaying Jems

Thanks for the info guys!
Ya Rich...I do live in an area where a monster earthquake can hit any day! Screw my health...what about my guitars!!!! The swirls I have are irreplaceable!!! *:loco:
After looking at the Racks that Brett pointed out, I can see how the glass or acrylic case would be a little much....not to mention the cost PER case! I guess if I have some kind of padding behind the guitars, and have them tightly secured to the open air rack, they should be fine...
No matter....I may not put them up in the Town House I have now...I'll probably wait till I can move and get a room devoted to me and all my STUFF (PC, Toys and guitars!)
My GF totally HATES the swirls. I think she feels that way more cause of the DNA shirts I got when I bought my DNA from you Rich...
I LOVE wearing those shirts around the house...and she's fine with that....just not out in public. :-)
Does anyone else get this grief from their GF's or wives? Or is it just poor me???
Lucky, I have 3 players, so I never really have to take out my swirls, but I'll be dammed if I have to keep them in the closet forever!!!! :-)

O, and Rich....are those air purifiers from Sharper Image good? Have you used one?
I've got a purifier in my snake room, and paid through the nose for it....I'm assuming the Sharper Image one is a FRACTION of the cost...

Thanks again Rich and Brett
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 05:13 PM

Displaying Jems

I've had pretty good luck with my current display setup:

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...Wall030402.jpg

(Edited by vaijem777 at 5:16 pm on Mar. 6, 2002)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Displaying Jems

WOW! Jesus! Dude....you make me want to buy MORE Guitars! Holy mother! I counted 16 + a Bass...correct?
Hmm....I did have close to that at one point...but then I started on the reptiles, and I sold a couple....maybe it's time to get them back.......Yo Rich! Waz Up! :-D

Well, nice collection dude....and quite frankly, that PMC you have...has got to be my 100% favorite PMC I've seen. I saw it a long while back I think when you first mentioned that you got it...if I remember correctly. Looks like you have a PMC, GMC, DNA, and what's the one in the back???

Here's a list of my collection....

PMC
PMC
GMC
DNA
UVMC
PRS
USA Custom
Yamaha Acoustic

Sold my Chrome Boy and Jem 10....:-(
The Jem 10 is the one I'd want back at some point.

Thanks for sharing your setup! I may work toward getting that set up in my room now...lets just see how the GF feels about that... :-D

Thanks!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 05:40 PM

Displaying Jems

Hey!

That's the "Ibanez" Section of the wall. * *It goes something like this:

From Right to Left:

-S540TN-RR Doubleneck
-USA Custom Exotic Wood-Birdseye
-USA Custom RG1220QMTO
-RG-ARCH1
-RG-ART1
-JS6
-Crystal Planet #172
-JS10th #008
-DNA #137
-JEM777PMC
-JEM777GMC
-UV77MC
-JEM777LNG #160
-Beater RG560GI
-Takamine PSF94LTD "Santa Fe"
-Takamine NP-45C

There's also the '79 P-Bass, an EB/MM JPM in Mystic Dream, a Fender 60's Relic Strat, and PRS Custom 22 Artist, and an Ibanez RS1300NT in the back corner, along with a '64 Gibson ES330TD that isn't shown. *Soon to be added is an RGT3120TV and probably a JS2000CG. *
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 06:26 PM

Displaying Jems

I use a case from Fender that holds 7 guitars. Works pretty good for me. Here is a picture:

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...e=03060004.JPG

got room for one more, maybe the new blue jem

roland
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 10:25 PM
rvj

Displaying Jems

All are extremely nice collections!!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 11:48 PM
Vendor

Displaying Jems

Quote:
The Juice on 12:37 pm on Mar. 6, 2002

O, and Rich....are those air purifiers from Sharper Image good? Have you used one?
I've got a purifier in my snake room, and paid through the nose for it....I'm assuming the Sharper Image one is a FRACTION of the cost...
They look good at 3AM, and I'm sure they'd work a Helluva lot better than my current purifier (furnace filter)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 05:52 PM

Displaying Jems

A buddy of mine screwed these racks onto my walls to clear up the floorspace. I was pretty paranoid at first that they would fall until he showed me how much a dinky looking screw can support by hoisting himself up off the ground, one hand on each guitar hook. That's why I trust my guitars to the wall!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 06:46 PM

Displaying Jems

hey vaijem777: i love the way you can see the JS10 thru the CP. do you have a bigger pic of that?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 08:03 PM

Displaying Jems

I case mine in case of an earthquake. *

Tags
acrylic guitar , chrome boy , crystal planet , custom exotic wood , usa custom exotic wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode