DNA review at Harmony-Central - Can someone help put this ri - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

DNA review at Harmony-Central - Can someone help put this ri

Right,

It's difficult to know where to start but... here's a head's up..

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...ai-Y2K-01.html

There's currently a single review in there for the DNAs and you be pleased to know that it comes complete with...

"5 Single coil pickups!' and that....
"ITS STILE CONTRASTS WITH THE STANDARD IBANEZ MODELS"

I could go on, but it's too depressing.

Would any actual DNA owners care to set the record straight?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 07:44 AM

DNA review at Harmony-Central

God damn, that really hurts! I hope an UK or USA-DNA owner will do a review, cause my english isn't so good.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 07:56 AM

That is quite painfull, put some more reviews there...the 5 single coil pickups is amusing. Kinda spinal tap...
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 08:01 AM

Hey, that sounds like some of my best friends (who doesn't know anything about guitars).
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 09:38 PM

I like the part about having "solid strap buttons" and the "pretective coating to stop damage".

Boy-howdy.

SS
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:02 PM

Under fit and finish he only really says good, so how does it only get a rating of 6???
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 06:18 AM

Harmony Central reviews crack me up. They can be so vague and misinformed. This has to be one of the funniest I have read in a long time tho.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 07:17 AM

5 single coil pickups eh? That means that Nigel Tufnel's got... how many single coils again?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 07:56 AM

I think I've had one out there under JEM2KDNA. *
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 10:33 AM

Reviews: 5

I think one rule of posting Harmony Central reviews is that you should have to have owned the equipment for at least 6 months before posting. *So many people buy something, fall in love with it and post that it's best thing since sliced bread before they even find out what it can and cannot do. *

I think people also post there to make themselves feel better about what they own.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 11:42 AM

Quote:
jem7vwh on 6:33 pm on Mar. 21, 2002
I think one rule of posting Harmony Central reviews is that you should have to have owned the equipment for at least 6 months before posting. *So many people buy something, fall in love with it and post that it's best thing since sliced bread before they even find out what it can and cannot do. *

I think people also post there to make themselves feel better about what they own.
Thats it! You hit exactly the point.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2002, 04:21 AM

Well, I 've owned a DNA since last june. It really has exceeded all of my expectations so far in both tone and playability. The finish is great, the woods used are great (well I'd prefer ebony to pao ferro on the fingerboard but thats just nit-picking ;-) ). I'm very fond of the breed pickups - they seem to emphasise the mids very. Not as powerful as the Evo's and not as dull as the PAF pro's. It has THREE pickups. H-S-H configuration....... (sorry have to explain that incase the guy who reviewed before on HC is reading - he needs to learn these things).
The wizard neck is very thin, definately thinner than the jem neck. Some will love it and others will hate it, but for me it is a godsend! and was the deciding factor in me buying this guitar over the VWH.
The Inlays glow in the dark/black light/luminous light, as does the scratchplate. This has to be seen to be believed.

If you want to see some pics of the guitar go here:

www.kingpheeel.cjb.net

My previous guitars were a Fender Strat Ultra and *Gibson Les Paul Dark Cherry. These guitars really don't compare to the DNA. *
I would give the guitar a 9.6 out of 10.
Please bear in mind that the guitar suits ME and that is why I rate it highly. If you are gonna get one make sure you play it first!!!!!

Tags
coil pickup , fender strat , gibson les paul , ibanez models , jem neck , les paul , nigel tufnel , paf pro , strap button , strap buttons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode