DNA Sightings Continued.... - Probably getting old - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

DNA Sightings Continued.... - Probably getting old

Well, by now everyone knows I love the DNA's. *I'm looking for one more....since I think Pennsylvania is empty...and there's only 80 in the country..anyone see anything out there in JemLand?

I'm thinking of an actual finder's fee for any leads on NN7 from the ATD site:biggrin:!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 12:10 PM
Vendor

DNA Sightings Continued....

When I find a cure John you'll be the first to know!! I guess I should put my personal want in here. Anybody seen or have any knowledge of where #039 is? It's somewhere in the States.*This is one I'm trying to find for MYself! :biggrin:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

So come on then Rich, post some piccies of 039 or a link for us. We all really respect your opinion on swirls and despite the fact that most people would argue that it's a subjective thing, I'm very curious as to what constitutes the connoisseur's choice for the tip top DNA!!!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Jono,

To add to the intrigue there are no known pics of #39. *Let's just say I heard it was a fave of the ultimate connoisseur:biggrin:!

JC
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 12:48 PM
Vendor

I wish I had some. *I* don't even know what it looks like, but I was told by someone whose 'taste' matches mine it was sweet.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 01:15 PM

The only DNA I've seen in a store is #153, which is one that was up here for sale, I believe. It is at a Guitar Center in Plymouth Meeting, PA. They are selling it as NEW, with no mention of its flaws!!! I'm sure this is a violation of Ibanez policy
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 01:19 PM
Vendor

Guitar Center mention FLAWS?!?! :rotf: Since JC returned it with reciept it 'technically' is still 'new'.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 01:32 PM

Then you can add charging more than originally to their sins. I won't be buying anything from GC, technically, or otherwise!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Iain,

You should have called when you went over:biggrin: *It doesn't surprise me! *I bought it new and came with the defect and that nasty swirl. *They talked me into keeping it with a great price and then I had second thoughts later. *Did you see the defect? *It took them 10 minutes to find it themselves. *Nice manager over there and in their Langhorne store though. *I still picked up a couple from them. *That one came from Austin, so theoretically the Austin GC should take the responsibility for that ding.

JC
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 01:40 PM

John, the flaw wasn't visible, as the guitar was on a stand, in a dark room, locked behind glass :sarcasm: There were some visible marks, on the face of the headstock, that looked to be the result of a poorly executed string change
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Wasn't me:biggrin: *Never touched the strings or even set that one up!! *It might be the foggy stuff on the headstock though...they all had that smoky kind of film there.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 03:13 PM
Bew

Quote:
Quote: from johncowan on 2:24 pm on April 27, 2001
Wasn't me:biggrin: *Never touched the strings or even set that one up!! *It might be the foggy stuff on the headstock though...they all had that smoky kind of film there.
Could have been the store. *I was with Iain when we saw that DNA. *The headstock definitely had scratches. *'Tis a shame. *
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

I know I'm getting off topic, but I took two DNA's back to that store and within fifteen minutes they were full of fingerprints. *Guys that work there were standing and playing them...etc...etc. *So I can't say I'm surprised and it definately 'tis a shame. *Actually, it looked kinda like this :shoot::mc::bash: *
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 04:37 PM
Vendor

Yup!! Now to get back ON topic, where the He!!'s #39?!?!?! :biggrin:
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 08:33 PM

I heard DNA #39's in a store in a small village on a remote island in the south pacific on the wall next to Kevan's RG-EGYPT.

~K

PS: it's a joke Kev. *Put your credit card away and stop making travel arrangements.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode