DNA's - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 AM

Re: DNA's

ye its blood alright. most of the leaking in the DNA's are because the blood was thinner than the paint and it dripped. the top left horn of the guitar i posted is all blood. i love it. i want steve vais bloooddddddd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 05:23 AM
Vendor

There are 2 reds, neon red and blood red. The blood is in the blood red. I have no idea how diluted, although Darren did say he mixed it liberally. I'm no swirler and have no idea how far a certain color would go but I believe he smuggled 2 pints of pure into Japan for the job.

Blood red runs from deep near purple to light brown. Obviously the darker and richer the color the better it looks, and I distinctly dislike it where it shows brown.
post #33 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 AM

i wish i had 1. . . or 73 of them. by the time i can afford to get 1 theyll cost 15k. and im gonna be stupid enough to pay it.

Rich, any news on Darren?.... i wouldnt mind a new swirl.
post #34 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 AM

These pics show impressively that Darren is the "Master" of swirls. Its a pity that he isn't swirling actually like it seems.
I would like to see the 3 DNA's he picked out for himself.
post #35 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 AM

Yerr imagine how good they would be. I hear vai was given a few spares as well. I may be wrong. I read that he was given a few spares no serial number.
post #36 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordiesel View Post
Yerr imagine how good they would be. I hear vai was given a few spares as well. I may be wrong. I read that he was given a few spares no serial number.
Vai auctioned his prototype to a jemsite member. I don't know if he holds another actually. The prototype(s) came without blood.
post #37 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM

yer from what i read these are different... with blood as well. hes prototype was pretty sweet. I could be wrong but thats what i read. Might have been in the forum regarding the auction of his prototype? i dont remember. ahhwell. Can you kinda send us some photos or your DNA.... from a pic i saw on ibanezregister.... u also have the tshirt. That is soooo cool i wish i had an ATD swirled tshirt.
post #38 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 AM

Man! So how much blood did old Stevie have to give up to make the DNA's??
post #39 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
yer from what i read these are different... with blood as well. hes prototype was pretty sweet. I could be wrong but thats what i read. Might have been in the forum regarding the auction of his prototype? i dont remember. ahhwell. Can you kinda send us some photos or your DNA.... from a pic i saw on ibanezregister.... u also have the tshirt. That is soooo cool i wish i had an ATD swirled tshirt.
All pics i have i sent in former threads, so that would be kinda boring. Next time i will try to shoot some pics under black light. If i am successfull i will post them.
post #40 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMerkert View Post
These pics show impressively that Darren is the "Master" of swirls. Its a pity that he isn't swirling actually like it seems.
I'd love to get some swirls from Darren.

I agree with what someone said here is that Darren is in a league of his own.
With Darren's DNA swirls they have this cosmic look them. Guitars from outer space.

I love swirls in general and I love seeing other people doing. Darren is the leader of the pack. Think of Darren as the Jimi Hendrix of swirlers and everyone else just takes it other directions.

I just want a swirl take over.
post #41 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:30 AM

Do people actually play their DNA's or are they just used as investment/museum pieces? Just wondering....
post #42 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

I do not play mine and now I have no plans to play it ever. It has now become a good investment for me and I would not want to spoil that status of mint condition. I probably will not play the LNG either.

Last edited by Passion_and_Warfare; 11-06-2007 at 05:24 PM.
post #43 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdubious View Post
Do people actually play their DNA's or are they just used as investment/museum pieces? Just wondering....
If I owned one I'd be playing and using it for session work.
BUT NO SHOWS. I'd kill a person if they spilled beer on it or touches it.
post #44 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Obviously it's up to owners what they do with their guitars,but I just don't get locking them away never to be played.As investment pieces do they really grow in value that much?
PAW you paid around $4000 for your Lng,that's £2000,so this very much sort after Jem(the original,the daddy!)has gained about £500ish in 20years.That's not a whole lot.Actually that's £25 a year.......Tell you what I'll rent it from you for £30 a year and in a few years I'll return it,what you reckon?
post #45 of 246 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Vendor

Quote:

Rich, any news on Darren?.... i wouldnt mind a new swirl.
There's a thread in the forum somewhere, I'm banned from it so you'd know more than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMerkert View Post
Darren has 2. Zoro which got the 001 neck, and a color test body that got a no number neck.

Tags
alder body , atd swirl , basswood guitar , beautiful guitar , david mccarroll , dna swirl , ebony board , ebony fretboard , herc fede , jimi hendrix , pro edge , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in