Do I want a JS100? - a Mint JS100BK for $250?!? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Do I want a JS100? - a Mint JS100BK for $250?!?

I've been looking around for a good used RG550 or 520 to use as a bed for some killer Evans pups I've got kicking around, and someone calls me up last night with a "mint - like new" JS100 with an Ibanez case that he wants $400(cdn) for. Sure, I know the TRS is not equal to the Lo Pro, and I'd rather have a JS1000, but this looks like a killer deal al the same - he's even got his original receipt so I know it's not stolen I'm thinkin' "well, YA!" and unless there's a darned good reason why I should avoid this model I'm going to run out and take a look (and probably buy it) tomorrow. Please note that I can not find an RG locally in this price range - they're all atleast $200(cdn) more! *And buying one on line means I basically double the original price once I convert to Canadian dollars and pay shipping and taxes (so a minimum of $550+ cdn). With those proviso's in mind, what sayest thou? Is it worth doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 12:26 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Do I want a JS100?

you guys in Canada are going to pay 50% more so your options are limited. That said $250USD is the most i would recommend anyone pay for a Korean ibanez. That said there are two ways to look at it...

1. At $250, the guitar is certainly "worth it" and could be easily resold to break even

2. That is $250 less you have to spend on a Japanese Ibanez... glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode