do you think the vine on the jem7vsbl is hard to see? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

do you think the vine on the jem7vsbl is hard to see?

If any of you actually have a jem7vsbl, are the blue vines hard to see on the rosewood fretboard or are they clearly visible....i ordered one and it is coming tomorrow and i cant wait to find out im too excited. :D [/b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 07:09 PM

In normal light it's pretty easy to see. I don't know how it would look on a darker stage, though.

I asked myself the same thing when I first saw pics of it, but that was quickly settled when I saw it in person.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 08:51 PM

I haven't seen one in person, but even if they were easy to see, the blue on roserood does not appeal to me at all.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:00 PM

I've got a BFP and truthfully, from a distance (stage to audeience) you can't even tell it's vine on there - even if you know it's there...and that's blue on maple. Can't imagine the blue on roseywood would be any better.

~K
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:29 PM

I'm not surprised. The vine is also one of the sweetest-looking parts of the JEM. Nothing like a massive vine reflection into the audience off my 7VWH
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 10:55 PM

It doesn't really stand out, and it might have been nicer in white, but there's something to subtlety here and there. There's definitely room for subtlety on a Jem.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:39 PM

When I first got mine and opened the box, I,d have to say that the vine did not stand out that much. But after putting on alittle neck "juice" the vine came alive... It's much brighter now because the neck got darker.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 05:01 PM

I am sort of disappointed that the blue is on the rose wood, just doesn't seem to jump out at you.

However,,, has anyone put it under the black light yet? Does the vine react to the black light. If it does then I would have to change my opinion of it.

~A
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 12:59 AM

I have a 7VSBL and I dig its low key, not in your face vine. like a classy and elegant JEM that you wouldnt be afraid to take at a blues jam, let alone shred on the stage. It is pretty visible in person under normal light like said above, it still wont jump out at you though.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 03:16 AM

ahh am getting my well today as soon as the store opens it wil be my frist jem i like the wh better but i got them down to 900 on the blue so blue it is it still look nice and plays great am going to to try oiling the neck to darken it up the vine will stand out a bit better i think. mark
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 05:09 PM

I just got mine in yesturday and honestly I was a little disappointed with how dark vine inlays were. I'll oil the neck tonight and see if that brings it out more. I changed the pickguard to a Black one but it doesnt look right with the white pickups, so I gotta change it back, just seems kinda plain. Don't get me wrong I love the guitar and the price I paid for it. It must have been sitting a long time because the strings were rusty- so that tells me the dealer probably wasn't moving this model and the fact that it was from early 2002 --no wonder they dropped the price. I think it would look way better the overall with a maple fretboard, but I'm happy.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 10:40 PM

I have a vsbl and I really like it. It kinda has two personalities. From a distance the sparkles and vine is hard to see, it looks like a regular blue guitar. Up close the sparkles and vine really stand out, I like that feature because when people see the guitar up close theres this "shock and awe" effect. I may have to change my username from sp7bsb to sp7vsbl .
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 11:55 PM

it's trippy, I know it doesn't show up from a distance, but it looks great when I'm playin' it & look down @ the neck - the color scheme is great for the player!!!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 03:16 AM

well i got mine am going to oil it today see it it comes out more but it really not to bad but over 10 feel away you cant tell what it is it just looks differant lol
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mclaughlin
When I first got mine and opened the box, I,d have to say that the vine did not stand out that much. But after putting on alittle neck "juice" the vine came alive... It's much brighter now because the neck got darker.
what kind of oil did you put on there? i'm going to get one if rvj(jemsite member) is able to get me one from hoshino. i love the guitar and would love it more if the vine did stand out more. and what is the process of putting the oil on there? i'll have to change all the strings to a heavier guage so i'll have to take them off and set it up anyway.

is there any other way of making it stand out more?

Tags
blues jam , maple fret , maple fretboard , rosewood fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode