Does anyone have Satch`s guitar collection p - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone have Satch`s guitar collection p

Hi
There was photos of Satch`s guitar collection posted somewhere here on the forum somebody had obtained from a Japanese magazine around a year ago . Does anyone out there still have the photo`s and could they post them up here for me or could they tell me were I could obtain them I`d really appreciate it if someone here could help me out . Oh and I am knew to the site guy`s so hey and I hope this is the wright place to pos this .

Thanks guy`s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Re: Does anyone have Satch`s guitar collection p

You may just be in luck with the pics, i will try to find and post them for you,
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 07:10 PM

And just looky what the SEARCH function turned up ...

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44040
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 02:39 AM

Do you think he ever just sits and plays through them, one by one?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Question Re: Does anyone have Satch`s guitar collection p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
And just looky what the SEARCH function turned up ...

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44040
Thanks ryanb you don`t know how much I wanted to see these . I just bought a guitar from Real Guitars San Francisco on **** it was previously owned by Satch himself . Real guitars repair shop Brawer`s Instrument Repair have been doing all the work on joes guitars for the past 15 years and joe asked them to sell a few guitars for him because he was looking to thin his collection and that they could use his name but he would not be sighning the guitar .I was looking to see if it was featured in the magazine but it`s not . It was a 1985 Ibanez Roadstar II RS135WH , the guitar is absolutely mint for such an old guitar it`s practically like knew it plays a dream and the set up is the best I have ever seen on a guitar .
I have played guitars five times the price of this guitar and they don`t even come close to its sound . This guitar was only $275.OO new in 1985 . I know it would cost more now but still thats reasonable for back then . I got it for $660.00 . If any one out there knows did these guitars come with rosewood fingerboards , the only photos I can find of these guitars have maple fingerboards but this one has a rosewood fingerboard . I know joe likes to play rosewood fingerboards so maybe he had this one made up especially for himself . I don`t have a digital camera so can`t post photos . I do have the photos from the **** page saved but I don`t know how to attach them here if anyone could tell me how I will attach them here .

Last edited by Markice9; 04-14-2007 at 11:42 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:55 PM

So Real Guitars still exists? I did a search for it once, but didn't find it. Do you have the address? If I ever get back to San Fran, i'm gonna have to check it out.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
So Real Guitars still exists? I did a search for it once, but didn't find it. Do you have the address? If I ever get back to San Fran, i'm gonna have to check it out.
Are you looking the web adress or the street adress . the web adress is realguitars.com and the actual location is 15 Lafyette Street San Fransisco Ca 94103 .
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markice9 View Post
.I was looking to see if it was featured in the magazine but it`s not.

I guess you found the pic of your new guitar in the link above now?

I almost bought the V

They were readily available with maple or rosewood but the maple seems to be more common.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE=540s;643663]I guess you found the pic of your new guitar in the link above now?

I almost bought the V

Oh my God thanks 540s I didn`t go far enough into the thread to see the other pictures and there she is the little beauty . You can`t know how much this means to me aha can`t belive it couldn`t see the forest for the trees as we say here in Ireland . I was going to buy the V myself it was sweet . But it was the last auction and I didnt think I would have won it, I thought it would have gone for a lot more money . So I didn`t want to lose out as I knew the Roadstar II would have went for less , I am glad I did buy it now as it looks better and sounds better than I thought .

Last edited by Markice9; 04-17-2007 at 02:45 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM

I had asked if you saw it because I didnt notice it was there until the 3rd or 4th time I looked through that thread myself LOL

congrats on a cool purchase!!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540s View Post

I had asked if you saw it because I didnt notice it was there until the 3rd or 4th time I looked through that thread myself LOL

congrats on a cool purchase!!
Yeh its right at the bottom of the pages easly done I didn`t even get to those pages to lazy lol . How do I get photos to show up on the thread .
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM

it must suck to have that many guitars and only be able to use your signature model during your shows
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvai View Post
it must suck to have that many guitars and only be able to use your signature model during your shows
Welcome to the forum rvai.

I don't think Joe is "stuck" with using the JS during his shows. I'm sure he's quite happy with it since he helped design the JS. Plus he's been with Ibanez for a long time now. More than 20 years.

Just for fun, here's a pic of him playing a Gibson at a show to celobrate the life and career of Les Paul.

Paul

Tags
guitar collection , ibanez roadstar , les paul , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , rosewood fingerboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode