Does this neck cavity look correct?? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2021, 10:43 PM

Re: Does this neck cavity look correct??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joabim View Post
Iím honestly curious too if you donít mind sharing
Despite probably appearing so, Im not being aloof to be rude. Im quite unsure what is "common knowledge" or not, and Rich is the best person to decide what gets shared and why.
bob493 is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2021, 11:51 PM
Vendor

Bob has some valid points but I don't see them as clear cut evidence. Honestly, we're looking at pictures in different lighting where angles also make a difference. Without personally inspecting that guitar I couldn't give you any definitive answer. What I wanted was a link to another from a verified Chinese seller that we could all look at and [except for the hardware which they'll never pay enough to get perfect], say oh ****, change the hardware and that would fool anybody. Until I see that, I'm not convinced either way. All the example pictures he sent would be easy to spot a mile away, or at the least on a second glance.
Rich is online  
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob493 View Post
Not only have I explained it, I've explained multiple times with pictures to show what Im talking about. Lets try this ... one more time...
I've been unable to get back to this today, but let me see if I can get your drink here.

1. Your picture of the "differences" in the pickguard contained no explanation. I've gathered from other posts that you're saying the bevel is wrong? And the corner isn't pointy enough? See attached from my 2000 body. Looks just like the yellow guitar. These parts come from a supplier and there are variances over the years, perhaps due to a supplier change. This is most notable in the screw locations typically.

2. You're pointing out that you think the color is wrong and raised grain in the cavity, but neglecting to point out that this is a refinished guitar. Look at the more zoomed out of the attached images. On a factory guitar the inside of the neck pocket is completely raw wood. If you were to refinish the guitar and start out by spraying sanding sealer, you would 1) make everything look yellow and 2) raise a bunch of grain on unfinished wood. Even if it isn't sanding sealer (could just be the poor lighting), they've definitely sprayed the yellow over bare wood, which would have the same effect of raising grain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210218_180120398.jpg (1.89 MB, 29 views)
jono likes this.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I've been unable to get back to this today, but let me see if I can get your drink here.

1. Your picture of the "differences" in the pickguard contained no explanation. I've gathered from other posts that you're saying the bevel is wrong? And the corner isn't pointy enough? See attached from my 2000 body. Looks just like the yellow guitar. These parts come from a supplier and there are variances over the years, perhaps due to a supplier change. This is most notable in the screw locations typically.

2. You're pointing out that you think the color is wrong and raised grain in the cavity, but neglecting to point out that this is a refinished guitar. Look at the more zoomed out of the attached images. On a factory guitar the inside of the neck pocket is completely raw wood. If you were to refinish the guitar and start out by spraying sanding sealer, you would 1) make everything look yellow and 2) raise a bunch of grain on unfinished wood. Even if it isn't sanding sealer (could just be the poor lighting), they've definitely sprayed the yellow over bare wood, which would have the same effect of raising grain.
Cool. Thanks for the input.
bob493 is online  
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-19-2021, 01:20 AM

Well.. than ship the guitar in question to rich. Bob is gonna pay.
peromucho7 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode