Double neck JEM bodies on the bay - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Double neck JEM bodies on the bay

Item 220021807224

Interesting for a project, but is it just me or does the pickup and trem routing on the one in the pics look absolutely awful??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 PM

Re: Double neck JEM bodies on the bay

I seen that but didn't look too close.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 02:13 AM

I agree with u the trem and pickup routing looks awful. It definately looks like it's badly manually routed, unlike with a CNC machine or a manual mill with an X-Y slider.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:41 AM

Aviod. He's an old 'friend' of jemsite:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42124

Besides that, it looks like it has been cut with a dull razor.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:17 AM

I posted that auction in the "auctions to laugh at thread" about a week ago. Yea that routing is definetly horrible.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsalad14 View Post
I posted that auction in the "auctions to laugh at thread" about a week ago. Yea that routing is definetly horrible.
Okay. I figured you might want to put this in the "auctions to laugh at" section.

For the record. Yes the routings were done by hand. Perhaps all the super smart people missed the part in the auction that said "HAND MADE NOT CNC ROUTED"

Anyway, the finished product speaks for itself (I hope). I'm sure you'll have a ton crap to sling like you usually do, but fact of the matter is. This one is already sold. So is the next one. I have to build at least two more if I want to have one for myself.

I don't want to start a pissing match again, but you people are always a little too quick to judge. I hope everyone here is well, and honestly I wish you'd just leave my stuff alone.

Thanks for looking though.

And to the original creator of the thread. Yes, they make a killer project. I've had a ball making this one. I hope it plays half as good as it looks.

Here are the specs.

Fixed six: (was intended to be 12 string, but I can not find a GOLD 12 string bridge anywhere. I could use a little help with this if anyone knows of one)

-Thinner than wizard 24 fret neck! (18mm at the nut)
-Seymour Duncan "Screamin' Demon" in the bridge
-Duncan "P59" in the neck position
-One Volume, One Tone, will have 3 position switch for pick up selecting

Trem Six:

-Same ultra fast thin neck
-Dimarzio Evo Pick Ups all positions
-Gold Hardware including Gold EDGE Trem
-Normal wiring except Mini toggle to select which neck is sent to the output jack. BOTH GUITARS CAN BE SENT TO THE OUTPUT AT THE SAME TIME.

Any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

[email protected]

Later.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:50 PM

P.S. Yes the headstocks will be painted to match. I just wanted to get it together and play it once first. Call me impatient.

P.S.S. Did you guys notice how much of those bad routings you can see when it's finished??? Oh that's right...NONE.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegacy View Post
Fixed six: (was intended to be 12 string, but I can not find a GOLD 12 string bridge anywhere. I could use a little help with this if anyone knows of one)
Here you are bro.
http://www.wdmusic.com/12_string_ele...24562_prd1.htm
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:43 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

That is the exact bridge that I wanted to. I had already bought one in chrome, but it looked stupid when everything else was gold.

Keep rockin! Thanks again.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:55 PM

Guitarsalad...

Sorry. I thought when you said that you listed my double neck in the "auctions to laugh at" section....you actually did it. My bad. I just went throught the whole thing and I didn't see anything about my auction in there. Maybe it was a different one you were referencing.

Anyway, keep playin'! Keep the questions coming. I love to help when I can.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 12:18 AM

I think that looks pretty cool! Any plans on the pickguard situation?? What would the total cost be? Nice work.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 01:26 AM

Any plans on a triple neck ? By the way I think it looks good. People just like pissing on others because it makes them feel better about themselves.
Closed Thread

Tags
dimarzio evo , double neck , edge trem , fret neck , mini toggle , neck position , seymour duncan , string bridge , triple neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode