A Dream (jem) come true! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

A Dream (jem) come true!

Some of you are aware of my custom project being built by Custom Guitar Wares, LGM, and ATD..... I got the first picks from jeremy today... he is the faqin MAN!!! I really couldnt be happier. Check it out!!!

http://century19.net/jem.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 03:40 AM

It seems nice but I really want to know what your guitar will look like at the end... Can't wait!
JS
PS : One day I'll do it!
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:17 AM
EKG

Looking good! Jeremy at LGM kicks butt! Please keep us posted on the progress
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:47 AM

Looking good. CGW don't hold back on that Ibanez headstock do they! Very nice.

BUT! I read there that you ordered pickup rings? In my opinion, Jem copies never look right with pickup rings (more like modded 770s) as there are none to be found on real Jems. Why not go for clear pickguard mounting or (ever better) direct mount pups? Helps streamline things a bit and looks more genuine, IMO.

Whatever you decide, that neck is looking sweet!
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 12:00 PM

The ibanez headstock shape wasn't done by CGW, it just mystically appeared, nobody is quite sure where it came from, it just happened, out of nowhere, I think the little alien guitar lords came down one night, and willed it to an ibanez shape, because, we all know, that shape is trademarked by Ibanez, so you never saw it, never imagined it, never dreamed it, don't want our little alien buddies in trouble now do we? LOL
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 12:11 PM
EKG

Jeremy, I have seen this strange phenomenom before.
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 01:09 PM

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the little alien guitar lords see fit to shine down on my custom guitar headstock...
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
The headstocks are grown in pods. The same type of pods that the JS guitars hatch out of!!!
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 04:15 PM

Jeremy is proving a God at the inlays.
Lookin' good dude!
What's the weapon of choice? Dremel I suppose?

Made the decision on frets yet Jon?
Also, how pleased are you with Guitar Wares work?

Lookin' forward to seeing all this come together.

Steve
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono
The headstocks are grown in pods. The same type of pods that the JS guitars hatch out of!!!
Hmm...Ibanez...Line6...it all makes sense now!!
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

I had originally planned on using the mounting rings, but that and a lot of other things have changed since conception of this project.

As far as the the headstock, that was not done by CGW, and was done per my request for my private use unbeknownst to CGW by a third party who shal remain undisclosed

I cant make any reviews on the quality of CGW at this point, as these pic are the first Ive seen of this guitar since I sent the check to Ed Wood in January. From what Ive seen so far, I am very pleased.

As far as the Ibanez /Line Sicks connection, I am proud to say that this instrument will *NEVER be played through a pod (or any other amp modeler, for that matter).

I am very anxious to get this thing done, and i will be posting all progress on the site linked earlier: http://century19.net/jem.html
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 07:21 PM

Jose Cuervo did it.....................

damn, playing in a country band has really affected my mind
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 10:57 PM

Awesome job!! I can't wait to see it all finished.

Alden
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 04:57 AM

confusion

Guys,

I'm a total newbie to all this custom guitar malaki and can't help but wonder why do you have to get a complete new guitar made by a professional luthier - just so it could look exactly like a guitar that you can pick up brand new in some guitar shop???

Surely the whole point of having a custom guitar made is so it could be unique, and I don't mean the paintjob only.

Please enlighten me on the subject.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I think they key point here is look. Many of us feel that the JEM is pretty much the perfect guitar in terms of looks or feel or sound, but that we're unhappy with a few little aspects that can only be changed by having a copy of a guitar built with those few changes.

For example if I felt that the JEM played the best and looked the best, but I liked the sound of a mahogany body better, I have no way to obtain a mahogany JEM, Ibanez won't make one for me. BUT a luthier can craft me a body in the wood of my choice, maybe with better quality woods than those found on the guitars normally available. This would then mean I had the looks, the feel AND the tone I was after.

Similarly if I decided that I prefer a different hardware configuration, such as 2 humbuckers, a 3 way switch and direct mounted pickups, but still wanted the look and feel of the JEM because to me those are the ultimate look and feel for a guitar. Ibanez won't supply me with that guitar, but a luthier doing custom work can.

Again if I want a vine inlay on a guitar that has screwhead inlays, Ibanez won't change the inlays for me, but Jeremy at LGM guitars will

It's about going from being 99% happy with a guitar, to 100% happy. Some of us geeks here are willing to pay for that

I hope that answers your question

Tags
amp modeler , atd swirl , chrome vine , custom guitar , custom guitar wares , direct mounted pickups , ebony fingerboard , guitar playing , guitar shop , headstock shape , jem neck , lgm guitars , mahogany body , mounted pickups , pickup ring , pickup rings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode