Dream JEM - custom shop your own Jem what would it be? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 04:08 PM

Dream JEM

Quote:
Ekim on 1:27 pm on April 15, 2002
I would say a string through model with a red/white/blue ATD swirl job. *And disappearing pyramid inlays with the 3 colors on the pyramid red/white/blue as well. *Just a really, really different kind of JEM.
http://www.lgm-guitars.lord-jereth.com/Amerijem.html

already being done. *I dont think hes doing string thru, tho...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 06:52 PM

Dream JEM

My dream JEM would be a UV. *lol *I prefer 7-strings.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 02:32 PM

Reviews: 4
Dream JEM

Man! *That inlay job is amazing! *It's just as I imagined it. *Thanks for the link.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 07:10 PM
rvj

Dream JEM

Hmmm...a dream Jem, I'll keep this simple. How about a 10th without the tacky pickguard? Oh, btw... I like the swirled pyramid idea for the DNA's also.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 03:38 PM

Dream JEM

It'd be a Universe. *Mahogany body with quilted top and ebony fretboard. *Darker disspaearing pyramid inlays (to match the quilted top) and a matching headstock. *Clear pickguard and two different trems. *First would be the standard Floyd. *Second would be the newer Satriani model trem.
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:29 PM

Dream JEM

My dream Jems:

1)
Jem body (Lion's Claw, Monkey Grip, Angled Jack, AANJ)

Double Edge Trem

Pups:
Sustaniac/Lace Sensor combo (Neck Position)
Jem Single (Middle Position)
Steve's Special (Bridge Position)

Rear rout with clear pickguard
This paint job:

'Super Wizard' neck
Ebony Fretboard with Yellow vine
Matching yellow headstock with black Ibanez and Jem Logo
Cosmo black hardware

2)
My DBK with the inlay LGM Guitars is going to be doing for me (chrome vine) + ebony fretboard
Replace 'Blob' paint job with high gloss midnight black
Stainless Steel pickguard
Stainless Steel binding

Pups:
Sustaniac/Lace Sensor combo (Neck Position)
Jem Single (Middle Position) (already present)
Steve's Special (Bridge Position) (already present)

LJ

(Edited by Patrick Deno at 12:34 am on April 18, 2002)
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 08:08 PM

Dream JEM

My dream Jem is a GMC with AANJ (damn these small hands of mine!!)and Ebony as the fretboard wood. Everything else as per stock GMC (Oh, and the '92/3 catalog finish please!)
Either that or this Jem I saw someone with (hanging about at Liverpool St. Station about 7 years ago with this guitar just slung over his back!!) - unfinished body, rear routed w/no pickguard, white DiMarzio's, maple fretboard with pastel shade yellow vine inlay, cosmo hardwear.
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 12:34 AM

Dream JEM

My dream would be a fibreglass (i think thats what bcrich uses ) universe (clear , that is.) with the edges spray painted gold. Gold hardware, *Gold Evo7s, lopro edge 7, Rosewood scalloped (17-24) fingerboard with abalone pyramid inlays and the fixins. Engraved golden pickguard, *monkey grip , abalone binding(headstock and fretboard only.) The rest wouldn't matter :thumbsup:

(Edited by wheresthebeef at 1:34 am on April 18, 2002)

(Edited by wheresthebeef at 4:29 pm on April 18, 2002)
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 04:19 AM

Dream JEM

Whats interesting is that just about all of us when we talk about the 'dream jem' wants swirls.

WAKE UP IBANEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen to you wage payers.

:mc:
jerry
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 01:23 PM

Dream JEM

hmmm, I would have a jem but without the handle, trem claw, and funky paint job. It would be mahogany, with a strat neck, PRD trem and have RG stock pickups V7 and V8.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 06:23 PM

Dream JEM

Quote:
Big Job on 7:23 am on April 26, 2002
hmmm, I would have a jem but without the handle, trem claw, and funky paint job. It would be mahogany, with a strat neck, PRD trem and have RG stock pickups V7 and V8.
so you wouldn't have a jem then?

just a mid range RG with a fat neck.

oh well each to there own.

jerry
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 01:36 PM

Dream JEM

Dude your really good at reading who tought you? I wish I had your teacher.

post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 01:42 PM

Dream JEM

i tauwt myself ya'll

jerry
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 08:47 AM

2003 Universe Artist Series -

Emerald green finish over a highly figured flame maple top. Gotta have the monkey grip on this Uni. Clear pickguard (rear mounted pickups and pots) and gold hardware including gold pickup covers (not the soapbar style). Neck through body design. 25 fret Ebony fingerboard w/jumbo frets with no inlays except for the 12th fret being some kind of tribal design. One humbucker and two single coils (or at least the neck position humbucker having a coil tap).

The ultimate in design, playability and an all around classy axe!!!
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 09:44 AM

Basswood body with 3/8" Quilted Maple top. Transparent Swirl. Monkey grip and lion's claw. Gold Hardware. Bound ebony board with vines and wizard neck. Evo bridge, jem single and PAF Pro neck.

Sounds doable, right??

Tags
abalone binding , abalone vine , air norton , alder body , angled jack , atd swirl , basswood body , black pickups , blue velvet bridge , bridge position , chrome hardware , chrome jem , chrome vine , coil tap , cosmo black hardware , custom inlays , custom jem , custom shop , dimarzio blue velvet , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double edge trem , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , edge trem , equipped guitar , evo bridge , evolution bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret board , fretboard wood , guitar mag , headstock overlay , high pass filter , inner coils , jem neck , jem swirl , jumbo frets , koa body , lace sensor , lgm guitars , mahogany body , maple binding , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck pickup , neck position , neck thru , paf pro , paf pro neck , paf pros , paul reed , paul reed smith , pearl pickguard , pickup cover , piezo bridge , pro edge , pro neck , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , reed smith , reverse headstock , rosewood fret board , rosewood fretboard , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pups , super wizard neck , toggle switch , tone zone , trem block , trem claw , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode