Dream JEM - custom shop your own Jem what would it be? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Dream JEM - custom shop your own Jem what would it be?

Ok, so Ibanez call you up one day and ask if they can give you a bazilion gazzillion guitars for the rest of your life, providing you come up with the ultimate *NEW* Jem, what would your own Jem be like.

Many people (including myself) think the new blue jem is a tad boring, so what would be exciting?

Go to town, you want a laminated picture of "Kennith Williams" on the back and tassles like Steve has on that expo 92 video, go for it, no holds barrrrrd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 09:47 AM

Dream JEM

My dream JEM??? A PMC or DNA under a grand!!! LOL!!!!!
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 11:18 AM

Dream JEM

Funny *you should ask, as I just got an email from Ed Wood saying he's ready to send my neck to LGM for the inlays...

Mahagony body, maple neck, ebony fingerboard.
Vine inlay (glow int the dark white plastic)
Black and white glow swirl (to be done by ATD of course )
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 12:12 PM

Dream JEM

Quote:
jonrayl on 11:18 am on April 14, 2002
Funny *you should ask, as I just got an email from Ed Wood saying he's ready to send my neck to LGM for the inlays...

That's gonna look sweet!!
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 12:39 PM

Dream JEM

I'd have a reverse Jem.

Ebony body with vines inlayed into it and a basswood fretboard with a monkey grip that went fromthe 5th fret to the 9th (making sure to not go under the E and A stings - I use those ones!).

I'd also put the whammy bar on the top hlaf of the bridge and the lion's claw on the headstock.

Oh - it'd also be red and the knobs and the pickups and cutaways would all be colors that matched.

~K
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 12:42 PM

Dream JEM

Quote:
kennydoe on 12:39 pm on April 14, 2002
I'd have a reverse Jem.

Ebony body with vines inlayed into it and a basswood fretboard with a monkey grip that went fromthe 5th fret to the 9th (making sure to not go under the E and A stings - I use those ones!).

I'd also put the whammy bar on the top hlaf of the bridge and the lion's claw on the headstock.

Oh - it'd also be red and the knobs and the pickups and cutaways would all be colors that matched.

~K
:rotf:
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 02:25 PM

Dream JEM

Quote:
Two hands31 on 12:12 pm on April 14, 2002
Quote:
jonrayl on 11:18 am on April 14, 2002

That's gonna look sweet!!
Im hopin so, Im a long time waiting on this one.

Unfortunately, I was originally planning on doing a chrome finish so I bought all chrome hardware for it. *Once the swirl is done, I'll have to swap it all out for black...

Oh well, at least I'll have all the hardware for the next one

(Edited by jonrayl at 2:28 pm on April 14, 2002)
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 02:44 PM

Dream JEM

Make sure to post pics when it's done! *Can't wait to see it!
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 02:58 PM

Dream JEM

Chrome swirl (probably impossible to do):

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~pmm/guitar/chr_swrl4.jpg

This would be nice too:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~pmm/guitar/omc3.jpg
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 03:13 PM

Dream JEM

Quote:
PekkaM on 2:58 pm on April 14, 2002
Chrome swirl (probably impossible to do):

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~pmm/guitar/chr_swrl4.jpg
This one looks very cool!

But I'd like to see Kennys version... :laugh:
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 04:01 PM

Dream JEM

Dream Jem?

hmmm...

Maple fretboard with blue vine

Cosmo black hardware

Mahogany body (lions claw, new monkey grip)-rear route

multi blue swirl from ATD

Steve's special and air norton pick-ups and a jem single (or whatever single coil Kenny has in his BFP)
-pickguard mounted

hmmmm....

(Edited by cerealk at 10:17 pm on April 14, 2002)
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 04:49 PM

Dream JEM

Hmmm since were in the world of impossabilities (is that a word?) here how about :-

Mahogany body with grip n claw of course, black and white swirl (white colour being luminous green in the dark) Matching paint job on the head stock of course
Maple neck/ebony fret board + triple vine from 1st - 27th fret in green , yellow and red luminous materials criss crossing as they went down the board.
Double edge lo pro
Direct mounted Pups so no pick guard needed. Couldn't say which yet as I haven't tried em all out yet

sounds good to me!
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 06:08 PM

Dream JEM

Quote:
kennydoe on 1:39 pm on April 14, 2002
I'd have a reverse Jem.

~K

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotf:

I believe Two hands said what i'm about to or something similar to it in a thread like this before. Any JEM I owned would be a dream JEM.
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 01:27 PM

Reviews: 4
Dream JEM

I would say a string through model with a red/white/blue ATD swirl job. *And disappearing pyramid inlays with the 3 colors on the pyramid red/white/blue as well. *Just a really, really different kind of JEM.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 03:07 PM

Dream JEM

A DNA with swirled pyramid inlays

Tags
abalone binding , abalone vine , air norton , alder body , angled jack , atd swirl , basswood body , black pickups , blue velvet bridge , bridge position , chrome hardware , chrome jem , chrome vine , coil tap , cosmo black hardware , custom inlays , custom jem , custom shop , dimarzio blue velvet , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double edge trem , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , edge trem , equipped guitar , evo bridge , evolution bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret board , fretboard wood , guitar mag , headstock overlay , high pass filter , inner coils , jem neck , jem swirl , jumbo frets , koa body , lace sensor , lgm guitars , mahogany body , maple binding , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck pickup , neck position , neck thru , paf pro , paf pro neck , paf pros , paul reed , paul reed smith , pearl pickguard , pickup cover , piezo bridge , pro edge , pro neck , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , reed smith , reverse headstock , rosewood fret board , rosewood fretboard , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pups , super wizard neck , toggle switch , tone zone , trem block , trem claw , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode