Dream JEM - that silly little game again ;) - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 01:16 AM

Re: Dream JEM - that silly little game again ;)

My dream Jem has been ordered and is currently being built. Of course it's not going to be a real Jem but it's as close as I'll get being a lefty. It's a lefty alder Jem style body (with grip, claw and AANJ). The neck is a slightly-beefier-than-original lefty Wizard profile, maple w/ ebony board and green LEDs. My plan is to have the body and headstock done in a GMC swirl. I haven't completely worked out the details on getting that done yet so it's not a definite but it's what I have in mind. The hardware isn't really decided yet. I'd like to go with Ibanez stuff but due to the difficulty I've found in coming up with a good lefty Edge Pro trem I'll probably end up going with an OFR. It's almost definitely getting Evolutions and an HS2 like my RG1570L.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSBoy
Wouldn't be a JEM without the monkey grip
Gah, stupid grip It's useful but does make the Jem look a bit like a fisher price guitar
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 05:16 PM

I know its a virtual one, but it looks so real!. Been thinking of actually making it. sent an email to ekg guitars for the body all prepped and painted. And if its not too much, maybe ill just have him build the thing
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 05:49 PM

I like the idea of the binding around the grip, that's cool.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem#5150

I know its a virtual one, but it looks so real!. Been thinking of actually making it. sent an email to ekg guitars for the body all prepped and painted. And if its not too much, maybe ill just have him build the thing
That is nice.

Tags
abalone binding , abalone vine , alder body , burnt stained blue , clean tone , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , edge bridge , edge pro trem , ekg guitars , fret board , fret wire , fretboard wood , gmc swirl , jem bsb , jem neck , jem pbk , jem style body , john petrucci , loch ness green , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , monkey grip , neck evo , neck joint , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paul stanley , piezo bridge , pro edge , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , rosewood fingerboard , swamp ash , swamp ash body , vwh jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode