dy and direct sunlight - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

dy and direct sunlight

ok folks ive been thinking about my neon 777vdy and direct sunlight.ok so it never gets put in its case but stands in the corner of the room.the room is very bright but no direct sunlight hits the guitar but like i said the room is very bright.ive seen the effects of to much sunlight on neon coloured guitars especially desert yellow and its fxxks the colour up pretty bad.ok then so mine isnt in direct sunlight but will the brightness of the room effect the colour ????,i know it might sound like a stupid question but i love this guitar and hate putting it in a case its there to be played and looked at,when i walk past the room its in and door is open and see it standing there i think fxxk me thats a stunning looking axe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:30 AM

Re: dy and direct sunlight

Only if you use UV lamps as a room lights
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:38 AM

Donīt hope i have made you paranoide about the colourfading ;-)
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Contributor

Reviews: 1

It's a good idea to keep any brightly colored guitar out of direct sunlight.

~j
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by micdreyer View Post
Donīt hope i have made you paranoide about the colourfading ;-)
hahaha no mate you havent i was just wondering,i did state on your thread that yours should be ok,but im just making sure
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 10:09 AM

hehe...lets hope we can let oure beauty out of the boxes then ;-)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 10:19 AM

Reviews: 21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_degradation

Someone gave me the clever idea of covering the RF and other brightly-colored guitars with a towel when I'm not using them.
If you want to see the long-term effects of UV on bright pigment, look no further than the bay. Once in a while, you'll see a formerly red guitar (a red RG3EXQM for example) that's obviously been in someone's music shop window far too long! Hideous!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_degradation

Someone gave me the clever idea of covering the RF and other brightly-colored guitars with a towel when I'm not using them.
If you want to see the long-term effects of UV on bright pigment, look no further than the bay. Once in a while, you'll see a formerly red guitar (a red RG3EXQM for example) that's obviously been in someone's music shop window far too long! Hideous!
ahhh thanks for that mike very interesting,id be against that using cloths to cover guitars i used to cover my vbk with a cloth and the pickups used to get full of litttle bits of fluff and was murder to clean,that said it depends on the material of the cloth.avoid cloths made of wool
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 05:38 AM

Reviews: 3

It has been long time since 777īs production stopped, so most of them are very old guitars. If they have not faded by now it is unprobably they will do ever, but be a clever guy and do not exponse them to direct sunlight and you will be happy forever with the VDY.
vy100 is online  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 AM

For the love of god...someone find him a case for his pride and joy!!!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
lol I would find one for myself if I were you, having UV in your name makes you a possible UV radiator!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
yep id sleep better if she was tucked away in her case everynight the chances of getting a origanal 777 pink lined case is vertualy zero
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Hey Fredjo!!! My UV's have their own cases and theyre happy bout that...its when i open the cases, one can sense they get nervous LOL!!

ibanez777vbk...dont give up bro...your baby will thank you in spades!!! I suppose your chances are only limited to how big your bank account is!!!!! Damn it, i wont give up for ya....or your vdy!!! Couldnt you use a normal ibby case for now to save the iris melting yellow from fade?? And she would be safer too!!
Maybe thats why i like black guitars!!! LOL!!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Hey Fredjo!!! My UV's have their own cases and theyre happy bout that...its when i open the cases, one can sense they get nervous LOL!!

ibanez777vbk...dont give up bro...your baby will thank you in spades!!! I suppose your chances are only limited to how big your bank account is!!!!! Damn it, i wont give up for ya....or your vdy!!! Couldnt you use a normal ibby case for now to save the iris melting yellow from fade?? And she would be safer too!!
Maybe thats why i like black guitars!!! LOL!!
ive just sold a prestige team j craft case hardcase was going to use that but my vdy didnt fit inside (different shaped neck joint) gggrrr typical.ive got a gigbag supose that will do for now.are you just into universe's mate,try n get your mits on a 777vbk mine was a cracking guitar.i still say these 777's were the best guitars ibanez ever made.i dont know about austrailia but the price of a vbk is pretty cheap here,decent condition about Ģ650 not sure what that is in aus $,nice guitars though.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
ive just sold a prestige team j craft case hardcase was going to use that but my vdy didnt fit inside (different shaped neck joint) gggrrr typical.ive got a gigbag supose that will do for now.are you just into universe's mate,try n get your mits on a 777vbk mine was a cracking guitar.i still say these 777's were the best guitars ibanez ever made.i dont know about austrailia but the price of a vbk is pretty cheap here,decent condition about Ģ650 not sure what that is in aus $,nice guitars though.
Always the way isnt it!!! Got a nice case and its useless!!! Youve got me paranoid for your vdy!! What if you have an erotic dream where your swinging from a trapeze in your room with 5 other women and in your sleep you frantically kick and scream and by sheer accident you kick your vdy over!!! huh??

Yeah im just a UV guy, i love the verrsatility of all the pups, which i do use, my only wish is that they came with a piezo bridge...then they would be truely universal.....6 strings just aint doin anything for me now, which is a shame because ive never owned a jem...have played em but at the time, they were waaaaay out of my league in terms of price If i had a choice out of any of em itd be the 777vbk...all that black and green *drools* just like the one that you sold!!AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!
Any jem in aus costs heaps!!! For the same price of a 777 in england, we'd be lucky to get a 555!!! That, my friend, blows Will be selling a 7420 to fund my custom uv....excited bout that....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode