E**y : Avoiding Scams - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Angry E**y : Avoiding Scams

Hi

I recently listed my GMC on E***.
Within hours one of our friends from the Commonwealth, had copied my auction, photos & description.
I reported it - it was removed.
Several more popped up - I reported them.

I got an email from Eba* China saying they weren't going to remove the chinese auction for MY guitar, UNLESS i could prove that the pictures they had nicked were mine!!!!!!

SO...... Basically they are saying that any photos you use - go into your photo suite type program and write your user ID or name or whatever across the photo before you list it. Proving the photo to be yours and if it did have someone elses name across it they'd be highly unlikely to try and use it.

Remember though - make sure you put your text in such a positition as they can't crop it off.

Cheers

Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: E**y : Avoiding Scams

Lets just track those [email protected] and KILL THEM ALL! that would be better for the whole world, not just jem buyers
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezking
Hi

Within hours one of our friends from the Commonwealth, had copied my auction, photos & description.

I got an email from Eba* China saying they weren't going to remove the chinese auction for MY guitar, UNLESS i could prove that the pictures they had nicked were mine!!!!!!

SO...... Basically they are saying that any photos you use - go into your photo suite type program and write your user ID or name or whatever across the photo before you list it. Proving the photo to be yours and if it did have someone elses name across it they'd be highly unlikely to try and use it.

Remember though - make sure you put your text in such a positition as they can't crop it off.

Cheers

Max
Thats some useful sh1t to know Max... Cheers.

Jaden.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:02 AM

Oddly enough, I see the "username watermark" on auction pictures the most often with the Chinese counterfeit guitar auctions!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiurge
Oddly enough, I see the "username watermark" on auction pictures the most often with the Chinese counterfeit guitar auctions!
Takes a thief to know a thief -- so they end up putting their watermarks on stuff they stole too. HAHA
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezking
Hi

Cheers

Max
WTF? hahaha man that's sooooo wrong, i can't beleive they have the guts to ask you that:s I would think e bay china would have it's hands full with all the crap their users are selling oh wel...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:32 PM

is it really that surprising though?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:41 AM

This is getting pretty rediculous.

Regards

André

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 AM

Angry Re: E**y : Avoiding Scams

This always gets old:

Item: IBANEZ JS4 RAINBOW JS SATRIANI GUITAR ULTRA RARE (7420461293)
This message was sent after the listing closed.

Good news! The following **** item on which you placed a bid for US $***** on Jun-05-06 is now available for purchase:

IBANEZ JS4 RAINBOW JS SATRIANI GUITAR ULTRA RARE (7420461293)
Your Price: US $*******
Offer end date: Jun-29-06 04:20:12 PDT

My 3rd "Second Chance Offer" in my email inbox on this item. Uhhhg. I immediately know it's a scam, but I checked the listing to see if the item was recieved and yes it shows on the site that the guitar was already recieved by the e**y winner through feedback. I always report them...just get tired of seeing them show in my inbox because I know someone out there falls for it.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:11 PM

Avoiding scams on E-bay. Solution: don't buy from E-bay .

Regards

André

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Avoiding scams on E-bay. Solution: don't buy from E-bay .

Regards

André
No, theres nothing wrong with E-bay in itself, the solution to not getting ripped of by scams is to not be an idiot, because you'd have to be an idiot to fall for them..
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 09:31 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

gonna merge this with existing titles. closed.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode