edge 2 to edge - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

edge 2 to edge

i've jus got mi ibanez edge trem and im in the midst of gettin the edge pro 2 trem out of mi jem 555(yes i noe its not a real jem). i've already taken the edge pro 2 and took out its stud. now i've got a prob, how to i remove the anchors of the edge pro 2 so tat i can put in the edge anchors? a fast reply would be good. thanks alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 12:33 AM

Re: edge 2 to edge

Screw the studs back in, grab each stud with a pair of pliers, and pull the anchors out. If you're worried about scratches wrap a rag around the stud before you yank the anchors out.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman13 View Post
Screw the studs back in, grab the stud with a pair of pliers, and pull the anchors out. If you're worried about scratches wrap a rag around the stud before you yank the anchors out.
yeah that is pretty much the way it is done .
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

haha ok thanks guys. is it such a violent process? im realli scared of damaging the guitar.

Last edited by slash_88; 12-31-2006 at 01:26 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
yeah that is pretty much the way it is done .
Yup and there is a tutorial on projectguitar.com with pictures (though lo-trs II to Edge conversion).

Regards

André

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_88 View Post
haha ok thanks guys. is it such a violent process? im realli scared of damaging the guitar.
It's not going to damage the guitar unless you don't do it the right way. Just gently pull and wiggle the studs out with the pliers.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 01:14 PM

being a painted guitar, you might want to score the paint around the top of the posts with something very sharp before you try pulling the studs to minimise any chipping of the paint.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Don't matter, it's a 555! J/K
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

haha ok guys thanks for the reply, i've already added the edge in tot i still haven remove the the old edge pro 2 studs yet. got another big problem tot i was playin with the whammy bar yesterday and suddenly i got a bit violent with it and it broke(****!!!!!!!!!!!). now thers a piece of metal stuck in the whammy bar slot and i cant use the trem anymur unless i get that piece out . du u guys noe anyway of getting it out? is there a way of like looseing the slot so tat the metal piece will jus drop out?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
haha ok guys thanks for the reply, i've already added the edge in tot i still haven remove the the old edge pro 2 studs yet. got another big problem tot i was playin with the whammy bar yesterday and suddenly i got a bit violent with it and it broke(****!!!!!!!!!!!). now thers a piece of metal stuck in the whammy bar slot and i cant use the trem anymur unless i get that piece out . du u guys noe anyway of getting it out? is there a way of like looseing the slot so tat the metal piece will jus drop out?
No, your screwed now! LOL! Get out the needle nose pliers!~

Tags
edge trem , ibanez edge trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode